RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just got my Warrior yesterday, needless to say - I'm thrilled ! Coming from Yama Fazer (stripped), this is such a different feeling, it's like riding with my couch :)

I love the bike so far, though I have a dumb question - what do I need to do to switch the speedometer from miles to kmh ?

I read the manual, it says to push the select button for 2 seconds and doing it - it does switch the trip odometers between miles and kmh, but the speedometer lighted area stays miles. I'd like to switch that to kilometers as I live in Europe and I'm quite sure there's a way, since both kmh and miles are indicated at the speedometer as well, it's just the kmh is dim and miles is being lit up when I fire the bike.

Whilst during day I can see kmh when I need to, at night it's practically impossible.

Do I need an ecu programmer of some sort to switch it ?

Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi and Welcome to the Forum.

You can change the speedometer between miles and km/h
By pressing the switch N°2 you can only change the total/partial trip between miles & km/h.

My speedometer is in miles (big letters) and km/h (small letters) and the km/h are still not visible even in the day light.

Where did you live in Europe???

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, glad I found this place !

By switch n2 you mean Reset button? Gonna try that in a few minutes, but i think it'll just reset the counter. Select only switches the odometer data to kmh.

I have the US version of the bike, it sailed to me over the big sea all the way to Sofia, Bulgaria ;)

·
Registered
388 Posts
By pressing the left/select button you change the total/partial trip between miles and km/h.
Whats the only thing you can change.

Several years ago I found a speedometer only in Km/h on Ebay Canada, but miss it because I was traveling.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I love the bike so far, though I have a dumb question - what do I need to do to switch the speedometer from miles to kmh ?

!
I think you can't swich speedo from miles to kmh... it already is in kmh (small numbers under miles...). and it is a problem for it's not visible enough.
Only way to switch it, I presume, order another speedo with just kmh on it...

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Yes , the Canadian speedos show just Kilometers. It looks much cleaner too ; because they don't have the miles squeezed in there also.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay so that's that.

Indeed it's not that much a problem, who looks at the speedo anyways, but I thought if it's something easy, then it was worth a try. I wont go as far as changing the entire panel.

Thanks everybody !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts