RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got these on ebay in late 2006 or early 2007 from a seller called Vice Industries. He gave me a great deal, $100 because I ordered the first bars powdercoated black from him and provided him with some pics to use for his advertising. They are perfect regarding the pullback and angle of the risers, never interfered with the view of the instruments. They are ready for internal wiring, but I never wanted to do that mod.

·
Registered
262 Posts
nice mod, can you post some different pics of the speedo and bars. i like how they flow together with that flat spot on the bars

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice mod, can you post some different pics of the speedo and bars. i like how they flow together with that flat spot on the bars
Here's some alternate views.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Very nice. I will be doing a speedometer relocation for my CP bars soon too. Thanks for the good step by step instructions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That looks awesome man, I have the chrome version of those bars and that mod would work great! Thanks for posting. Also loving the red backlights on your instrument panels.

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
I used to have an airhorn mounted on a metal bracket similar to the ones you made. After a year, the vibration caused the metal to wear out and the bracket broke off. Do you think you'll have much problem with vibration? I'm not sure how much the speedo weighs -probably less than a stebel air horn- but I am curious does that thing bounce around much? Just a thought...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was concerned about vibraton, but there is none at all. The thing is rock solid. And if my bike is vibrating enough to wear through a piece of 1/8" steel bar stock then something is wrong!

With the mounting bolts tightened properly this thing is solid. The speedo itself doesn't weigh much, I'm guessing under a pound.

Since I've done the mod and put some miles on the bike I'm loving the new location! I wanted to do this a long time ago but just finally now got around to it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You mean to tell me that warrior owners actually use the speedo...dam it...just thought it was there to fill a space. :) I just go with the flow or as fast as I feel like. Nice mod though if you use it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts