RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any body have the directions on how to install this Yamaha air cleaner .. i cant figurer it out
STR-5PX09-57-01

·
Premium Member
8,980 Posts

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,836 Posts
Install everything as shown. Then install the cover (item 1) and fasten it with the three screws shown (item 11). Those screws fit into threaded blocks that snap into the back of Item 1 in the screw locations shown (verify those conditions). Start the threads for all three manually then gently tighten to land the three heads then give a bump to tighten. Check them a few times, if they vibrate loose then tighten a little tighter. No thread locker.

The replacement air filters are the same as used under the top fuel tank. Watch out for air filter ads that say anything else. They don't realize.

IF the cover (Item 1) makes vibration noises, add a piece of gray duct tape to the BACK end between the slip-fit catch surfaces. I do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe someone can help me .. missing some screws and spacers for this Yamaha accessory..
please let me know if anyone has ... I will pay .. nothing in life is free

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,836 Posts
Good hardware stores sell the aluminum spacers. ID is M6+ and most any standard wall thickness will work (compare to their matching mount area). I'm not able to measure each spacer length right now, no time to disassemble.

Does anyone have the loose hardware to measure tho two spacers? Items 7 and 8.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good hardware stores sell the aluminum spacers. ID is M6+ and most any standard wall thickness will work (compare to their matching mount area). I'm not able to measure each spacer length right now, no time to disassemble.

Does anyone have the loose hardware to measure tho two spacers? Items 7 and 8.

thank you for the help

·
Premium Member
8,980 Posts
Maybe someone can help me .. missing some screws and spacers for this Yamaha accessory..
please let me know if anyone has ... I will pay .. nothing in life is free
Here you go ;) ... McMaster-Carr is an excellent source
** SOLD ** this weekend and on the way to a new owner :)
  • Item 7 Short Spacer: 0.921"
  • Item 8 Long Spacer: 1.725"
  • Spacer Outside Diameter: 0.625" (5/8")
  • Spacer Inside Diameter: 0.250" (6mm)
  • Material: Aluminum Alloy (6063 or 6061)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts