RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered from my Yamaha dealer part# STR-5P09-57-01 factory air kit from the stage 4 package. List price is $159.95. it comes with the integral filter. I saw this was available while online at www.roadriders.com and followed up with several calls to the dealer. The parts guy was reluctant but I kept after him to call yamaha, which he did and verified that these scoops where being released. No confirmation on how soon. I will stay on him like a hawk to get one asap. I will let all know when it arrives.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
775 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ponchovilla,You are getting something that we were trying to get for a year already with no luck.
Keep us posted

·
Registered
229 Posts
Bronch,

They can be ordered from any Yamaha dealer including myself. Poncho is not right on what it is. It's not the scoop from the stage IV kit, it is a replacement airbox for the right side that houses an airfilter. It looks similar to the stage IV scoop but is not exactly the same. The actual stage IV scoop does not have a filter, it is designed to direct airflow to the velocity stacks that are part of the stage IV kit. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
229 Posts
islecruiser,

They are not yet available, they are supposed to be released mid to late March. They can be ordered now to ensure quick delivery once they are released.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Rivaeric, I was getting my hopes up. I wonder if this new kit if you can just remove the filter and have it act like the scoop? Can you let us know when they're available and if they have any description of them? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Cool,I will have to check out what they are wanting for them in canada first,but if theres a big difference in price I will shoot you an email.Thanks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bronch, I had no idea this was an imitation air scoop. I saw it listed on (correction)www.roadrider.org website and called my dealer. the parts guys are reluctant to order anything that is not in their book. I wouldn't take no for an answer and he finally called yamaha and came back to me with the part # and price, no ship date available.
Can you tell me/us, is this thing plastic or metal? If it is plastic I will cancel my order and get something else. Thanks for your heads up on this item.

·
Registered
201 Posts
PV, the original Stage IV air scoop is plastic... from what I could tell from the pictures the new one is not and is a different shape... it's metal and chromed. As Rivaeric wrote, it's a filter kit to replace the stock box... not necessarily to run with any aftermarket air kit. Hope that helps, I'm sure a few of the dealers in this forum may know more about it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was of the impression that the original stage 4 air scoop was metal. I have a detailed pic of it I down loaded from some site. where?? If I knew how to attach it, I would include it for your review and comments. email me direct and I will send it along.

so, if I understand correctly, this air box-scoop is metal and not plastic?

·
Registered
201 Posts
PV, I've held one in my hand... and the original stage IV scoop is plastic with a brushed aluminum look. The new accessory scoop Yamaha will be selling is metal...from what I can tell.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Have I lost my mind...or does the scoop that is on the Speedstar kit
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessories/AcSCItemDetail.asp?lid=1&cid=2&mid=60&connavid=119&sconnavid=2329&pid=1963
look like the new scoop, and not the scoop we have seen on the Speedstar in the past?

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Yes the speedstar kit has changed. This is now the updated one. Many people did not like the old set of pipes because you couldnot use the chin spoiler with it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
quote:Originally posted by islecruiser

Are they releasing all the new stuff at the same time or just the scoop?

No, they will not be released at the same time. As soon as Yamaha has a new part ready for sale it will be released, they do not wait until everything is ready. You will probably see most of the new parts released over the next few months.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts