RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a search on cams and have decided to go with Speedstar cams and springs to retain the hydraulic lifters. I will also replace the lifters with Mellings JB-2011 at the same time. I may also fit a power commander ignition module to raise the rev limit to 5,500 to make use of the cams extra top end power.

I will also be having the heads gas flowed but will probably stick with the std bore HC pistons for now.

One question for those who have these cams. The power increase is mainly above 3,200 but is there any increase or loss below this? I like the idea of more top end power but I do not want to lose too much bottom end grunt.

·
Administrator
30,137 Posts
I didn't buy the cams because I learned the gains in midrange and top end are offset by slight reductions from idle to midrange. From what I can gather, those who have them feel like they still have all the low end power, so the seat-of-the-pants dyno doesn't seem to suffer much if at all.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
I did not degree the stock cams or the SS cams to get a comparison. IMHO the SS cams just give a bit more valve lift, Seat of the pants tells me the lobe centers seem to be identical or near identical. The idle is not lopy/rough & low end power (off idle) does not seem to be effected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts