RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Luv. ...I don't know what you mean by"will not have spare set off cams"? I have a set in the box right now ready to ship...
correct, you also mention (quoted below) that you have another engine that you might do, but would not offer your OEM cams to another member, as you will need them for yourself in case you decide to do another set for the 2ed engine.

Im trying to help facilitate for those that do not have a "spare" set of cams to send off.

Just fyi...I have a set of cams that are pulled and ready to ship, and I also have another warrior engine with a set of cams that could be sent off as well. At this time I would just want to send off one set.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I'm going to mail my cams to Luv2mc...
No Problem...I'll PM you my address.

...I will also pay him up front...
NO SIR... I dont believe you being in AU is a problem. Webcam and I have already discussed that each forum member will be treated as an individual client, but will have a "group buy" code which will initiate the quoted price. As a direct client, they will handle payments directly. They do have PayPal as well as credit card, AND they have LOTS of international clients that pay with wire transfer.

Lets hold off on payment till we get all the specs and details set. Then we'll place orders and final costs.

All you international members: "IF" payment internationally becomes an issue, I will be happy to coordinate with you and be intermediary, but lets save that as last resort.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
gilly said:
Hey Luv2, i will not have the cams for the 2nd go around
heres the current revised list:

FIRST ROUND

1. Luv2Lafmcc
  2. californiacruiser
  3. jerrior
  4. gilly
  5. yodie001 (*will not have a spare set of cams)
  6. heff
  7. Springs (*will not have a spare set of cams)
SECOND ROUND

1. Stellmon (Luv2 cam blank)
  2. 4UTNV (Cali cam blank )
  3. Steeda (has his own blanks)
  4. ??? (jerrior cam blank )
  5. ??? (heff cam blank )
so far we have:

• 10 confirmed total
  • 7 for round 1
  • 3 for round 2 (2 using the newly available blanks from round 1 members).
There are 3 still open slots for round 2 donor cams, and of course theres always room to add to round 1 if you have cams to send in.

Please post here in thread to be added (or ask NON TECH questions). All the TECHNICAL questions and discussion is to be kept on thread --->: http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-technical-discussion/215809-speedstar-cams-4.html

THANKS!

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Code:
UPDATE:

I am waiting on an email from webcam, with their limited warranty coverage for "custom spec race cams" as this order will be. The topic of [not using] the high performance, ceramic lifters remains as a point of EXTREME concern / use at your own peril for them.

Either way, webcam has an apparent reputation which they didn't get with inferior product and slighting customers.
Hi all, I wanted to post the email exactly as I received it. Its obvious that they are concerned with people useing non ceramic coated "standard" lifters.

WebCam Inc. :
Now after much debate over the ceramic lifters, it must be noted or made aware to the customers participating in this group by that Web Cam will not be responsible for any failures to the cams due to not doing what is required as a modification in order for us to do hard weld process on these cams. It has been our experience in the past that the stock Hydraulic lifters fail. We also can not stand by any other lifter in the market due to inexperience with material compatibility of our hard weld material and lifter material. However, we are willing to always work with our customers, should their be any other issues with our cams, any problems that occur will be handled on a case by case basis upon evaluation of the cams.*

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Sorry guys, I am out. On the plus side, I do have a set of spare cams that I can offer to someone else on the list for cores for what I paid for them. Decided to go a different direction.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Sorry guys, I am out. On the plus side, I do have a set of spare cams that I can offer to someone else on the list for cores for what I paid for them. Decided to go a different direction.

heres the current revised list:

FIRST ROUND

1. Luv2Lafmcc
  2. jerrior
  3. gilly
  4. yodie001 (*will not have a spare set of cams)
  5. heff
  6. Springs (*will not have a spare set of cams)
SECOND ROUND

1. Stellmon (Luv2 cam blank)
  2. 4UTNV (Cali cam blank )
  3. Steeda (has his own blanks)
  4. ??? (jerrior cam blank )
  5. ??? (heff cam blank )
**californiacruiser has a spare set of blanks/core cams**
so far we have:

• 9 confirmed total
  • 6 for round 1
  • 3 for round 2 (2 using the newly available blanks from round 1 members).
There are 3 still open slots for round 2 donor cams, and of course theres always room to add to round 1 if you have cams to send in.

Please post here in thread to be added (or ask NON TECH questions). All the TECHNICAL questions and discussion is to be kept on thread --->: http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-technical-discussion/215809-speedstar-cams-4.html

THANKS!

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello

Hello, new to the site and the warrior. Thanks to the forum I've just found out that my recently acquired 02 has not has the recall work done, and I'm excited about all the possibilities. I've read all the suggestion as to which mods but I could really use some more info. Would these cams be a good option? Any advice would be welcomed. PM sent. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Heck yes! But do the high compression pistons at the same time, you can get them from Pacific Coast Star for about $400 including freight if I remember correctly.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Would these cams be a good option?
YES! But like Cali says above, you'll need high compression pistons to go with the cam. since the motor will already be opened up, now's the time to do it on Yami's dime!

IF you want to get (or when you decide to get) a set, let me know for sure and I will add you to the list.

·
Premium Member
3,379 Posts
YES! But like Cali says above, you'll need high compression pistons to go with the cam. since the motor will already be opened up, now's the time to do it on Yami's dime!

IF you want to get (or when you decide to get) a set, let me know for sure and I will add you to the list.
I agree with the lads here but basics would be listed.

High compression pistons (je or patrick racing}
Hylift lifters
Heavy duty valve springs
Barnett clutch conversion would be optional
PC3 and a dyno

Heff

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.