RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've notice for sometime it seems that some of us type too fast and post without checking our spelling. And I notice that some people just can't spell. (I'll put myself in this catagory also sometimes.) It just makes some posts way to hard to read and it might cut down on some bad posts that people then post over instead of fixed the messed up one. Just wondering if this could be a option someday. I don't know how websites work and all that so I'm not sure how hard it would be to add. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I think this would be a great idea, it drives me nuts trying to understand some peoples posts. Yahoo mail use a good little spell check engine.

I had a little search on the web and it doesn't look like there are many opensource spell checkers for this sort of use that would be free. The only one I could find is called jazzy http://sourceforge.net/projects/jazzy). It's still in Alpha but might be worth a look.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I think it was some topic on this forum where I saw something about the ieSpell program. Anyway, I just now installed it and it works. Just type your text, then right click, then click on "check spelling". It might not be purfect, but it's a start. And yes, it did identify "purfect" and offer to change it to "perfect".

http://www.iespell.com/

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
OK OK OK...
I just set up the site to use ieSpell. All you bad spellers need to install it on your computers... Click the button next to the Preview button whare you would post/reply.

CarKnee

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
quote:Originally posted by CarKnee

OK OK OK...
I just set up the site to use ieSpell. All you bad spellers need to install it on your computers... Click the button next to the Preview button whare you would post/reply.

CarKnee

Thanks I needed that!!!!!

TRex[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts