RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to be a sportbike rider. I had an 04 Honda CBR600RR. I really liked that bike, but after owning it awhile and meeting other sport bike guys, I was quickly turned off from the sportbike image. It seems like most sport bike guys are stupid meathead cocky bastards who all think they are invincable. Every one of them thinks that they are the greatest rider who has ever lived, yet almost every one of them has laid their bike down at least once.

A common mod for a sport bike is frame sliders. They are little pegs that stick out of the front fairing. If the bike ever gets laid down it lands on these pegs and keeps the damage to the bike to a minimum. If these guys are such great riders, why are they crashing all the time? Also, when I had that CBR I couldn't go anywhere without a cop following me around. I would regularaly have cops tailing me, turn for turn just waiting for me to screw up.

One time I was pulled over for not making a complete stop at a stop sign. I actually did make a complete stop, but I did not put my foot down. Those bikes are so well balenced that you can make a complete stop and start again without putting your feet down. The cop which witnessed this from 3 blocks down the street thought I made a "new york rolling stop" pulled me over, and gave me a sobriety test even though I had not been drinking at all. I obviously passed the sobriety test, and I was let off with a warning. A warning for something that I didn't do in the first place.

A few months later I was pulled over and issued a ticket for going 106mph in a 65mph zone. Once again, I did not do it. I was just going from work to the gym, and I never went over 70mph the whole time. The cop insisted that he didn't make a mistake because he had "been doing this for 12 years". Long story short, I took it to court and represented myself. I won my case.

After that I sold the bike. By that time I figured it wasn't worth the hassle. If it wern't for all the stupid meatheads on sportbikes I wouldn't have had so many problems. Everybody thinks that it's just commen knowledge that crotchrocket riders speed all the time and do crazy *** non stop. Some do. And it's those guys that ruin it for everybody else. I miss riding that bike. It's the only motorcycle that I've ever ridden that you can lean over so far as to drag your knee on the ground, and nothing on the bike scrapes the ground. It was incredibly fun to ride. The warrior is also incredibly run to ride but in a different way. It's definetley two different types of riding.

I'm just sick of stupid punk kids on crotchrockets that ruined the image in the general publics eye. You can't ride a crotchrocket anymore without everyone thinking your up to no good.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.