RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that own sportbikes: What tires are you running? What tires are your favs? We're gonna need new tires for the wife's CBR soon. A lot of my friends use Michelin Pilot Powers, but there are a lot of options out there, so I was hoping for some feedback...thanks!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I really like the Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3's that I have on my 1125 right now. Think about how the bike is really going to be ridden, ie is it going to be more of a commuter everyday bike or is it going to be ridden at or near the limit all the time? If it's going to be ridden like most sportbikes are ridden, the the sport touring tire will give you all you need grip wise and decent longevity. Tires I would look at would be the Bridgestone BT021, the Metzler Roadtec Z6, Pirelli Diablo Strada, and the Michelin Pilot activ or pilot GT.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
I have nothing new to add. I have been running Michelin Pilot powers since I first mounted a set on my street bike rims three years ago. I really don't think you can go wrong with any sportbike tire if you aren't agressive. Like Madav8tr mentioned the sport touring tires will give you more mileage and still give you decent performance.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
I too like the Corsa 3's I had them on The tuonobut Iam currently running the Dragon Super Corsa Pro's and they are awesome. You can actually hear them sticking to the road. I have 1800 miles on mine and they still look great. I have to agree with JP the dual compound Sport bike tires of today are all well beyond my abilities.. There all good. Just find one that you like.. You will love the corsa pro's that I know..

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I'm a pilot power fan. Everything has their own oppinion, you can't go wrong. I burned out my Power Race recently and loved them. Took alittle more time to get warm, but did just fine everywhere.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Iam running the Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3's, great tires. I have run the Metzeler Z6's another good option for longer mileage sport tires and not as expensive as the top sport tires. Michelin Pilots are highly recommended for the extreme rider.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I ride my ZX6R strictly in the canyons and I was not very happy with the OEM Battlax-BT014s and switched to the Michelin Powerpilots. The PP do have a more aggressively shaped profile andsee to drop more quickly into the turn, butseem more stable and less twitchier than the Battlax in full lean. Going to try the Corsa III next.

Pirelli Corsa III

Micheline Power Pilots:

Metzler Sportec M3

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I also would have to agree with Metzler Roadtec's for a good sport touring mix. If she is all bussiness than the Pilots are a better option.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone know: when compared to similar single compound models, is the center zone of the dual compound Pirelli and Michelin tires harder or the same? From looking at their sites, it wasn't clear to me if they were trying to acheive longer tire life in the center zone or better grip in the corners.

·
Registered
208 Posts
tostyj said:
Anyone know: when compared to similar single compound models, is the center zone of the dual compound Pirelli and Michelin tires harder or the same? From looking at their sites, it wasn't clear to me if they were trying to acheive longer tire life in the center zone or better grip in the corners.

longer tire life in the center zone

1 - 15 of 15 Posts