RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
This topic is Warrior vs Sportbikes neither of which is a VROD or a Streetrod. Stay on topic and troll somewhere else knoxville.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Insert Image:

31.04 KB

I'll give little johnny credit: I saw a sporty VRod on the Thunderbike site

Why are Harley owners always trying to make their bike look Japanese anyway?

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
quote:Originally posted by SteveAZ

Have you ridden a Rocket DFW? I can't justify the cost but would be curious to know how they handle.

No, I was just repeating what I've been reading in all the magazines. Every test rider that I read about said if they were going on a long highway cruise that this would be the bike. They didn't really bash it's ability in the turns but they did say that it had a few parts and pieces that would touch down without any effort.

·
Registered
747 Posts
quote:Originally posted by johnnyknoxville

quote:~~ Hogs are for eating not for riding ~~

....and Yamaha's are for making music not trying in vain to keep up with a Harley!! [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

Well, you didn't really think there did you Jonny, I'm pretty sure Yamaha isn't trying in VAIN to keep up with Harley. I think it is the other way around, after all the Warrior is not the only bike Yamaha makes, it just is the coolest. Besides I thought it was Porshe who built the metric VROD and Harly just makes the clothes [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Sorry couldn't help myself...[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Hey Johnnyknoxville........like most harley drivers you continue to fail at putting your brain in gear before engaging your mouth. But you're just the sucker HD is looking for. Had you done your research the Streetrod is simply an attempt to address the short-comings of the Vrod, as noted by the press. ie...foot pegs, exhaust, solid wheels, ergonomics ("riding position" for those of you that are challenged). Where as Hardly-Davidson has taken the criticism seriously enough to quickly come out with the StreetRod with some of these short-comings addressed, the bike still lacks the handling, cornering and ergonomic adjustments to make it a serious bike to consider for any normal person other than HD drivers. Other than being fast in a straight line, and it should be due to utilizing a sport-bike motor and not a push-rod Vtwin,(which by the way you had to give to Porche to work out for you because you couldnt even manufacture something you could put in your buells much less anything else), it is not a true "power cruiser". I have test rode both the Vrod and Streetrod more than once and other than good looks, (I'll acknowledge that), the bike is typical Hardly-Davidson....."form before function". Overpriced, over-hyped, and under-engineered. In otherwards, "lets make it look good and then we'll try to figure out how to make it function later". But since you spent about twice the money for that piece of iron, you go ahead and brag.....and pray I dont pull up along side of you. You probably dont have the faintest idea how to ride that thing anyway.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Skungy I doubt he could pull up next to you. I would be surprised if he even had a bike.

Either he got band or he is to big of a pu$$y to post again. Either way is good.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Steve, to answer the original question--like the other guys said, the warrior ain't a sportbike. I switched over from a honda superhawk, which is quite a bit slower than the r1, and the warrior is much slower than the hawk.

That being said, it will still do better than 130 in stock form and I'd guess 0-60 somewhere around 4 seconds. Top speed is not it's forte, but she handles superbly. Several times I've followed sportbikes into high speed sweepers and dragged my pegs. They couldn't believe I was still behind them when they came out of the turn.

V-rod, schmi-rod--it's got good top end, but handles like a turd compared to the warrior.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Ive ridden the Honda super hawk. My buddy had one. That is one of the funnest bikes Ive ever ridden. You can pick them up cheap on ebay. Highly recommended for fun

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks ridingrules, kind of what I'm figured, but is more of what I need. As for the superhawk, agreed, BUT truth is I have to get away from those kind of bikes so I'm not tempted to wheelie them or do jail speeds.

My objective here is to get a bike that is.. (in order)

1. more laid back and I won't be tempted to stunt or as tempted to do jail speeds (yes I lack self discipline[/emoticons/emotion-11.gif])
2. handles well and has good feedback to let me safely know it's limitations
3. is more comfortable riding 2 up
4. is more reasonable to insure

Thanks ohiomike, too bad I'm not responsible enough, but if I was I'd just keep the R1

BTW, my title on this post is a little deceiving, I'm not really looking or expecting a bike that will perform like a true sportbike, I just kept reading all these stories "I whooped a crotch rockets butt..." or "I hung with the crotch rockets" blah blah blah so I was curious how much they were exagerating.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
SteveAz
I believe what your looking for, the Warrior will meet all your needs. If you are trading your R1 go find a dealer that will let you test ride one. You should be able to find your answer real quick in the test ride.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
quote:Originally posted by SteveAZ

Thanks ridingrules, kind of what I'm figured, but is more of what I need. As for the superhawk, agreed, BUT truth is I have to get away from those kind of bikes so I'm not tempted to wheelie them or do jail speeds.

My objective here is to get a bike that is.. (in order)

1. more laid back and I won't be tempted to stunt or as tempted to do jail speeds (yes I lack self discipline[/emoticons/emotion-11.gif]) Last time I checked 130 MPH is still a jail speed[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]
2. handles well and has good feedback to let me safely know it's limitations Even when you grind hard parts on this thing, i.e. footpeg brackets and frames it does so in a very well mannered fashion.
3. is more comfortable riding 2 up Better allow money for a different seat, and footpeg setup unless you girl is around 5'
4. is more reasonable to insure Why yes it is[8D]

One more thing. Yes it is true, you meet the nicest people on a Warrior. All these guys are like brothers to one another.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Dealers here don't have any in stock nor will they let you test ride. Our dealers are horrible, more like used car salesmen! Well most of them anyway[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!]

I do have a line on one that I can test ride from a private owner. Not like I'll really get to put it through the paces though, nor would I with someone elses bike. Good input I've gotten though and it does sound like this bike is the best fit for me. I appreciate the feedback.

Steve

PS. You're right DFW, but doubt I'll be near as likely to try and get her up to those speeds. And good to know, my girl is 5'10" with a 36" inseam, you should see her on the back of the R1, there are legs everywhere[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]...hahahahaha dang good passenger though.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Well I don't have much to add except reinforce that a near stock R6 will outrun any V-twin cruiser out there, turbo or not. Sure... I can get off the line qiucker with the Warrior, but all bets are off soon after that.

You're gonna miss the power surge of your current choice of rides, in time you'll get used to it though...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Steve, I live in Chandler, AZ (I assume you live in AZ based on your name). PM me and you can take mine for a spin...only if you promise to ride it like you stole it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
That's one heck of an offer[8D], thanks LowSkoot! I'll keep that in mind. Drive it like I stole it huh, you sure about that, it might come back a few ounces lighter.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Insert Image:

51.18KB

Insert Image:

92.87KB

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hahahahaha, you're a good sport, thought I would have scared you off.

You ever ride to Canyon? I just put a set of 208GP's on the R1, would kind of like to give her one last workout before I get rid of her.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif] Maybe you too can come back with a "I whooped a sport bike" story.[/emoticons/emotion-11.gif]

Tell me you can't really wheelie the Warrior, then I'd have to reconsider, that would look too badass to be able to resist.[:0]

Wheelies are the devil[xx(]

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Wow, somebody talking about a Street Rod sure got a bunch of panties in a wad around here! Guys, I think that Hardley has actually made a vast improvement, handling wise with the Street Rod, thus introducing the first production Hardley that can ACTUALLY run well in the twisties. That machine is capable of leaning 40 degrees before anything touches down. It is lighter than the Warrior, produces more horsepower. And the StreetRod, and that is what the guy was writing about, not the Vrod; puts out even more power than the Vrod. I don't care what bull and bluster some of you guys throw around; I believe that an equally skilled rider would turn in a faster twisty ride on a Street Rod than on a stock Warrior. There is NO stock warrior that will run a sub 12 second 1/4. Like it or not, all stock properly running V-Rods and Street Rods DO run sub 12 second 1/4's. Like it or not, the Street Rod can actually corner, and with any straights linking the twisties, that (stock)StreetRod WILL out accelerate the mighty (stock)Warrior.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts