RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,497 Posts
Oh yea but the StreetRod is still ugly[8D]
The guy that chimed in was just being a tool.
99.9 of us on here could careless what anyone rides, it's just great that they ride.

SteveAz
Get to that private owner and take it for a spin!!
Nice pics by the way.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,496 Posts
quote:Originally posted by SteveAZ



Insert Image:

51.18 KB

Insert Image:

92.87 KB


I haven't seen any V-twin cruisers doing this lately...
Can a V-twin cruiser do 165+ mph consistanly without blowing up or needing a rebuild every other day and still cost about the same as good used 600cc sportbike?

I know you're trying to be more responsible Steve, but getting rid of your R1 may be a mistake too. Can't keep both? The Warrior cost-per-pound would be an ideal stable mate.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Centerline
There is NO stock warrior that will run a sub 12 second 1/4. Like it or not, all stock properly running V-Rods and Street Rods DO run sub 12 second 1/4's. Like it or not, the Street Rod can actually corner, and with any straights linking the twisties, that (stock)StreetRod WILL out accelerate the mighty (stock)Warrior.


I beg to differ. Check my sig. BONE STOCK 2003 Warrior, best time so far this year is a [email protected], that was with a S$%^ty sixty time (1.82 compared to my best of 1.70) on a worn dunlop. I've got two brand new bridgestone exedra's on the way, so i'll let you know when i take it back to the track and am cutting my 1.7s again. I'm sure it will net me some 12.3s...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,406 Posts
Hey JP, what about this?

Insert Image:

86.22 KB

or this



Insert Image:


DISCLAIMER: these are other members - not me.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,496 Posts
Hahaha. Touche' ...sort of.
Taking a corner at 25 or so can look fast can't it! ...and that Warrior, how vertical is it?
I can lean the R6 much further. That was as far as I could go in the lower pic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,957 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sangathor

Hey Centerline, nice Streetrod review, when did you ride one?

Two weeks ago. bright yellow one. Neighbor hood guy has Harley dealership in Corinth Texas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
quote:Originally posted by johnnyknoxville

quote:The Warrior will not run with the sport bikes but it will eliminate any other cruiser out there for a fact.

I think you're all forgetting one bike that will whoop the Warrior...step forward, the mighty Street Rod...Better in the twisties, better in the quarter mile, better top speed, better looking and last but not least, better looking riders!!! [8D]


If V-Rods are all that great, why are Harley dealers now selling them at invoice? Opps, make that TRYING to sell them at invoice. I have never seen a company so proud of such a major screw-up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,270 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Hibs

quote:Originally posted by Centerline
There is NO stock warrior that will run a sub 12 second 1/4. Like it or not, all stock properly running V-Rods and Street Rods DO run sub 12 second 1/4's. Like it or not, the Street Rod can actually corner, and with any straights linking the twisties, that (stock)StreetRod WILL out accelerate the mighty (stock)Warrior.


I beg to differ. Check my sig. BONE STOCK 2003 Warrior, best time so far this year is a [email protected], that was with a S$%^ty sixty time (1.82 compared to my best of 1.70) on a worn dunlop. I've got two brand new bridgestone exedra's on the way, so i'll let you know when i take it back to the track and am cutting my 1.7s again. I'm sure it will net me some 12.3s...


HIBS Very nice times. Since its abvious you can drive, you will also
understand that 1/2 of a second is like a light year in the quarter !
Good luck on your quest though.

I do beleive, if a stock warrior was capable of turning 11's stock.
The pro's would have pulled it by now !

Kyle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
quote:Originally posted by MacWarrior

quote:Originally posted by Hibs

quote:Originally posted by Centerline
There is NO stock warrior that will run a sub 12 second 1/4. Like it or not, all stock properly running V-Rods and Street Rods DO run sub 12 second 1/4's. Like it or not, the Street Rod can actually corner, and with any straights linking the twisties, that (stock)StreetRod WILL out accelerate the mighty (stock)Warrior.


I beg to differ. Check my sig. BONE STOCK 2003 Warrior, best time so far this year is a [email protected], that was with a S$%^ty sixty time (1.82 compared to my best of 1.70) on a worn dunlop. I've got two brand new bridgestone exedra's on the way, so i'll let you know when i take it back to the track and am cutting my 1.7s again. I'm sure it will net me some 12.3s...


HIBS Very nice times. Since its abvious you can drive, you will also
understand that 1/2 of a second is like a light year in the quarter !
Good luck on your quest though.

I do beleive, if a stock warrior was capable of turning 11's stock.
The pro's would have pulled it by now !

Kyle



I know i'll probably never see 11s stock, but low low 12s are surely in the works. Like i said, i'm betting i'll hit a 12.3 this year for sure with the new rubber and some good track conditions. I doubt it will go any faster then that, but who knows.

I am very curious though what i would do at a lower elevation. Where i run (Scribner, Nebraska) The elevation is at 1300feet. I wonder what would happen if i went to florida or california and ran at some of the sea level elevation tracks. I'm betting i would drop atleast a couple tenths. So, is 11s completely out of the question? IMO, anything can happen. But is it really worth the time/effort/money to drive out to Cali just to say i went 11s on a stock bike? Eh, would be cool, but i don't think i could afford it. Not like i'm going to win any prize or anything.

You talk about pro riders, who are you refferring to? I think most anyone who races one of these bikes immediately starts modding it, and if you mean pro riders such as the magazines, well i've already beaten their times (best i've seen is 12.5 out of a stock warrior) at 1300feet elevation with my "novice" butt driving. lol.

The more i think about it though, a trip to Cali on the bike would be fun as ****. So anyone in California willing to put up a place for me to stay for the weekend? I might just have to make a week trip out there on the bike to show all these haters what a stock bike can do. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
JP, actually it's not a question of being able to have both bikes, my wife actually agrees with you. The question is can I keep my R1 and stay out of trouble./emoticons/emotion-11.gif] BTW, nice pic! What did you drag in that pic? The R1 drags too, this pic doesn't show it actually dragging, but it does shortly after at the apex.

Download Attachment: pic1.jpeg
63.93KB

BTW hibs, if I was going to make a trip to California to ride, if sure as heck wouldn't be to run a drag strip. Go ride highway 1, and take some of those roads that riddle back and forth between the Pacific Coast Highway and the 101 especially between Fort Bragg and Leggett, now that's some riding[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

Twelving a Warrior[?][?][?]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
Attention please! The Street Rod is not in the same class of motorcycle as a "real" Harley or a Warrior. It's NOT a big, bad, air cooled, push rod, V-Twin. As we know, it has a medium displacement, water cooled, high RPM , "Naked" V-twin, SPORT BIKE motor. Just like Aprillia or any of the other European brands. HD wrapped it up in a "custom cruiser" frame and tried to get the world to buy it, with very limited success. The STREET ROD geometry brings the bike closer to it's true calling as a SPORT-TOUR class bike. Compare it to any of the "naked" V-Twin Sport Tour bikes. That's the correct class. (How does it stack up?) You wouldn't even consider a Warrior to be in the same class as any of them, and it's not. Despite what the magazines or HD might say. There's no point in even comparing it to a Warrior. It's a Totally Different bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,677 Posts
hibs, he said sub-12 second runs on a stock warrior. You're nearly a half-second away from that, and yours is just about the fastest time for a stock warrior I've heard.

Don't worry about it though--I still say I could eat a v-rod for lunch in the twisties (I don't care if they gave it more ground clearance, they haven't changed the rake of the bike).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,957 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ridingrules


Don't worry about it though--I still say I could eat a v-rod for lunch in the twisties (I don't care if they gave it more ground clearance, they haven't changed the rake of the bike).


Ridingrules, they HAVE changed the rake on the Street Rod to 30 degrees from the Vrods 38 degrees. The two bikes are nothing alikein the corners. Having ridden them both, the Rod is no comparison in the twisties to the Street Rod which is very sure footed, a completely different beast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
So WHO sets the rules on what constitutes a cruiser? The Cruiser mags all say the Vrod and Vmax are cruisers so who says they have to be air cooled twins? And who says cruisers are supposed to be canyon carvers? You guys seem to try and eliminate any bike you can't compete with. It's like we aren't as fast so we'll say they aren't really cruisers or we'll say ya they're faster but we can corner better. Let's face it guys Harley and the 10%ers built the ORIGINAL cruisers to style around on. Their criteria was look good and go as fast as possible period! As for Vrods not selling well, the Yamha dealer here told me he didn't even order an 05 Warrior because they weren't selling and he still had last years sitting on the showroom floor.
 
41 - 60 of 78 Posts
Top