RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been having a issue when on freeway,and doing about 80mph I get a sputtering to the point that I lose speed n it starts slowing down n than I get throttle response back
It's happened a few times even this morning... Bike is all stock.Have CVT tuner propipe n KN's filters.....

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
I'm certainly no expert, but I'll ask a question that may (or may not) help….is it mph dependent or is it rpm dependent (can you duplicate the problem in lower gears at similar rpm?)

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No only when on highway and doing roughly 80ish within a ten mile ride home it happens at least twice....

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't removed tank in a long time... Maybe time to clean out filters...Will some gas treatment help out?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I haven't removed tank in a long time... Maybe time to clean out filters...Will some gas treatment help out?
You ride your bike allot so I wouldn't use gas treatment unless you use gas rom the Arco and Valero or simular gas stations.
Maybe the dry break just vibrated loose and your using the gas faster then it's going through the side dry break.
my other bike gave a simular issue as yours and it was a loose battery terminal.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes everything stays on... How about seafoam?.?.? Did twice again on way home.. I usually try to get gas frm Chevron or 76 try to stay away frm Arco....

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I would only recommend seafoam but I doubt it will do anything. If it only does it at a certain rpm range while trying to hold in that range I would think fuel restriction. I guess it's possible to be bad connection on the Tunner or coils but I wouldn't think so.
Just out of curiosity, can you hold maybe 90 and 70 without issues?
What year and miles you have?

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
06 about 23k miles.... It only happens at about the 80mph I can keep it at lower n fine,but than at the mph it happens. And than throttle returns and it's fine. It happens about two times on way to WRK n way back home....

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Yeah, check the dry breaks so you atleast get that out of the way. Separate and reconnect just for the **** of it.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will do Rudy.. I'm off Wednesday so gonna check that stuff out clean filters n stuff and see what happens.. Thanks for the advice bro...m

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
If that's the problem, it is not hard, just time consuming. If i remember right, after you get the new one, use the wire from the old one to pull the new wire back where it connects.
I did the same with Joey's.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts