RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have a belt that is squeaking and you have adjusted, aligned, and done just about everything you can think of, like me, to stop it. There was a product called Polly-Oil that HD use to sell but is discontinued, that stopped the belt from making noise. They recommend Screaming Eagle assembly lube now. I used Redline assembly lube on mine and it stopped the squeaking for a day so far. One guy remarked his stopped for 9 months before he had to put the stuff on there again. You just put some on in a couple of spots and while you ride it just stops squeaking. Just passing on some info that might help out someone else. I'll post back if it starts squeaking again. It was said that the belts dry out over time.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Cheers. Ill give it a try

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Try bar soap. Rub it on each edge of the belt. Stops the squeak 'til the next time you ride in the rain.
I don't think the belt gets dried out. I think it accumulates grit... Like rosin on a bow.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try bar soap. Rub it on each edge of the belt. Stops the squeak 'til the next time you ride in the rain.
I don't think the belt gets dried out. I think it accumulates grit... Like rosin on a bow.
I tried wax, soap, washing the belt with dawn dish washing liquid, taking a small wire brush and cleaning everything. I've gone through everything you could possibly think of for a couple of years now to no avail. Everything i tried only lasted about 20 miles, then back to squeaking. I rode about 30 miles today and still no noises coming from the belt and it's not sticky to collect dust and dirt. I just hope it lasts a good while before it starts squeaking again. We'll see.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Good you found something that works for you.
What brand belt, pulley, mileage on the setup???

Mine is SS/Gates Carbon 1.5", running ChromeCraft aluminum pulley. About 20k miles on this belt.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good you found something that works for you.
What brand belt, pulley, mileage on the setup???

Mine is SS/Gates Carbon 1.5", running ChromeCraft aluminum pulley. About 20k miles on this belt.
I have the SS/Gates Carbon 1 1/8" RC components Pulley and wheels. About the same amount of miles. The belt squeak started after the new custom rear pulley.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I have the SS/Gates Carbon 1 1/8" RC components Pulley and wheels. About the same amount of miles. The belt squeak started after the new custom rear pulley.
I replaced my belt after i broke it with the gates carbon and it squeaked for the first 1000 miles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts