RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a post on doing SS brake lines and I can't find it.[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif] Made up a notebook to put all the posts in that have ideas for modifications to the warrior.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] Was going to put this in there but can't find the one I read. It had a list of parts and where to get them. So can anyone help me out.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] I plan on doing several modifications this winter and want to add this to my list.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Go to the members section. Look up Billh. Go to his website and he lists all the mods with pictures that he has done. One of which is the SS brake lines! Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
hardracing.com have the S&S Brake Lines available. They offer the lines in different colors, blue, smoked grey, clear etc.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just go to...

http://www.galferusa.com/

They'll make you SS brakelines. colors as well. I believe they provide the line kits for some of these other places. Stay away from the colored coatings is my advice. The tints don't hold up to sunlight very well and will fade in a year or two. Red lines on my BMW are now Pink.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I have looked at the sites mentioned by you, but I know I read a post that gave a list for the lines and all the parts. I double check these to be sure it wasn't one of them. You guys are great.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Another thing to consider is that the lines they will send you, unless things are different now, will be two separate lines only. They will not have the complicated crossovers you see on the stock bike, but that also means there are no guides or holders for those lines either, except what is on the bike that is not apart of those stock lines (man that was mouth-full). You'll have use what is left over on the bike or try and fabricate something to keep them from knocking around too much. I should not be a problem and would not stop me from buying the lines, but if you've never done them before you might have looked at what you had and what you got and been a little worried.

No matter what they will help with braking feel greatly and look a whole lot better than the stock rubber lines.

You also might consider getting any aftermarket bars first if you have not already. A case in point: I have the drag bars from Barons and I'll need to order lines that are a good 3-4 inches shorter than stock, where some of the pull-back brs might need something that is a tad bit longer. You can order these lines with a couple inches over stock or under as the Galfer lines are made pretty much right after you call. It would just be a shame to spend the cashollah and then find a couple months later your new lines were not quite right.

Sorry for the earful.

Good luck!

P.S. dam I cant stop talking. I'm going with the plain coated lines as they will match the coated control cables I want to put on as well. I I go with a color I might not be able to find color control lines to match. Blah blah blah...[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JF thanks for your imput. Thats what makes this forum great. I can hear suggestions and get ideas and those who have gone before us can help us as we struggle along. Wow that was a mouthful.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Redcloud...

go to my web site...on the opening page click on the warrior pic...then click on 'List of Mods'...then 'SS Braided Brake Lines'.

I list the parts i used to do this. I haven't added the rear brake line to the page yet but i will today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts