RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put on SS front brake lines and wanted to use Galfer but there web site sucks so anyone know where I should go to find custom brake lines, I say custom cuz they need to be longer than stock.
I called Galfer today to try and order a two line set up and they wont let you just give them line length and Bike brand for the correct Banjo fittings over the phone, told me to use the form online, what a pain in the ass! Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
8,395 Posts
Sorry to read you're having issues with Galfer.

Back in June 2009 I submitted the enclosed jpeg dwg for a custom upper line to the MC for a new Flanders bar.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
I went with Spiegler ..
Place my order over the phone
No issues what's so EVER and extremely happy with their product

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
I haven't looked much into getting new lines, but i like the idea of customizing the colors of lines and connections. While we're on the subject of custom lines, what is the length of stock lines, and how do you guys go about determining what length is needed for custom length? Do you just see how short the stock lines are on your new bars or something?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used a gas line hose and strung it just the way I want my brake lines to be routed and went from banjo fitting to banjo fitting and then marked the hose and measured it with a tape seems to work well

·
Premium Member
8,395 Posts
Coaxial Cable is a perfect tool to use for calculating brake line lengths.

Here's an example of how to check stock MC line. I used a cotton sash cord (not in photo) and then measured with tape.
  • Always Measure twice and best to default slightly longer then short!

Here's Galfer's cut-sheet for stock length 3-pc kit for Warrior

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the issue with Galfer resolved and ordered my front brake lines, well they arrived today and they sent the wrong banjo fitting for the master cylinder side supposed to be a double and they sent two singles. Beautiful lines terrible service, although the order got here quickly it wasn't right!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Did you convert over to 2 separate front brake lines or keep the stock 3 piece ? Does it make any difference, I’m thinking about changing mine out soon and was debating on which way to go.

·
Premium Member
8,395 Posts
Did you convert over to 2 separate front brake lines or keep the stock 3 piece ? Does it make any difference,
  • The shorter the OAL of the brake lines the firmer the brake lever pull because of LESS Compression of the Brake Fluid. (Less Cubic Inches)
I’m thinking about changing mine out soon and was debating on which way to go.
I suspect the OP went with the 2-Line set-up as he's missing the Double Banjo Bolt @ the MC.

My $0.02 follows FWIW:
  • The 2-Line setup that loops over the front fender will give the firmest pull.
  • The 3-Line setup is 2nd place & the 2-Line to the MC is 3rd.
Regardless of what direction you go any of the high performance brake lines are superior to the factory OEM rubber hose. Especially an aging bike.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes switching to two line set up, its going to look sweet! Dont think it will change the braking but the SS lines for sure will!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thanks for all the info. I just bought black break lines off GalferUSA. Can’t wait to have better breaking again. On my sport bike I could stop on a dime. But my breaks feel spongy right now on my warrior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts