RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what if any plans have you all got to celebrate our patron st of england on the 23rd april(in case some of ya didnt know)

we could do a ride out maybe or sumat of the likes.

what a good way to celebrate everything english on a japanese bike lol.

bone

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I'll be flying the flag out to the Southern Snakes rally in Holland that weekend. At least over there I can do it proudly without some anal tosser like those over in West Brom and elsewhere telling me I'm a racist for being proud to beEnglish!?
Rant over!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
irichards said:
I'll be flying the flag out to the Southern Snakes rally in Holland that weekend. At least over there I can do it proudly without some anal tosser like those over in West Brom and elsewhere telling me I'm a racist for being proud to beEnglish!?
Rant over!

Ian I'm from West Bromwich,me and members of my family plus friends have attended the West Bromwich St Georges Day March since it was first conceived in 1998,a great day out for everyone.Why the council have decided to stop this march is beyond me, the vast majority of people who attend this march are moms and dads with their kids who are looking to have a great day out both on the march andat the fair where the march ends.Look at the trouble that takes place at the Notting Hill Carnival yet that is never cancelled.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thought the council just refused to fund it ken, didnt realise they had stopped it

bone

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
yabhoa said:
i thought the council just refused to fund it ken, didnt realise they had stopped it

bone

Bone that's right it leaves the organisers with the prospect of a £10k bill given its a big event

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Kenko said:
Look at the trouble that takes place at the Notting Hill Carnival yet that is never cancelled.

And they [whoever the f*ck 'they' are] wonder why the BNP is making newfriends everyday!! [by the way politics is not my bag just common sense thinking]...here in SE London a day doesn't go by when a neighbour who feels 'english', doesn't complain about the lose ofthere 'english identity'...Asked toswallowedback pride for years to allow a cosmopolitan society free from rifts was ok...but nowthese folk aresaying 'my dad died in the war for his families future, what the f*ck' is going on!?...and as no one is listening anymore - 'silent rifts' [the worst kind] are being caused

I'm a great believer in 'live and let live' - 'smile and the world will smile with you'..but when 'they' startedbanning St Georges Day a perfectly respectable day of rememberance and pride..then trouble is bound to be just round the corner..and that short sightedness is unforgivable..The British Union flag is being undermined everyday now..every other portion of this country flies it's own flag more often than not these days - Scotland - Wales andN. Ireland, but England can't fly it's own flag 'cause it might offend someone'.....

please it's not a flag of hatred ..it's a flag of pride!!

What's to be done to get this rebalanced?...Notting Hill Carnival is a 'killing field' after dark [never visit it and stay past 6pm latest, truely]..i'vebeen on the frontline ofit!! - I've never read - seen - or heard of similar 'steaming gangs' running loose at a St Georges Day event?...we don't have many actual marches for it..mostfolk just want to be able to fly the flag, remember and feel a little pride! - not much to ask

I'll be happy tosimply 'toast' the English spirit of St George on the 26th [instead] at the Ace, with any of my friends, and feel 'proud' that we can, living ina little corner of the world that is forever England.

Please note - I wont be rioting, goose stepping, or wiggling my hips, to mark the occassion! ...back to bikes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts