RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I blew third gear in my yamaha raider, making it worthless. Anyway now i’m looking into a warrior. So I found one and have a few questions. There’s a midnight 2006 warrior for sale near me with a stage IV kit. It says the stage IV kit was installed at the dealer. First of all it has a stock pipe on it, why in the world would they do all these upgrades and keep the stock exhaust? Anyway how do I get the ecu retuned after I put aftermarket pipes on it? Also is the stage IV warriors reliable? Anything I should look out for on the bike? Is the tranny gonna be able to take all the extra power? Here’s a few pics.

·
Administrator
28,193 Posts
Welcome aboard.

The exhaust is Speedstar performance, its one item in the full stage4 kit. You would need to verify high compression pistons etc manually or by defeating the decompression solenoid and measuring. Nice looking beast!

The ECU might be a Speedstar kit item too. Speedstar ECU's have the number 5PX-70 molded into them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
The bike is visibly stock except for the following Yamaha Accessories:
  1. Speed* Exhaust
  2. Speed* Intake Filter
  3. Risers
  4. Handlebar
  5. Grips
If a Full Stage IV kit it will have the ECU as stated by A&W. A quick look under seat will disclose it after removing the elastic hold down strap above the battery as shown below.
Perhaps the Seller can produce a copy of the Dealer Installed Parts :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok but how do I get the ecu retuned if and when I throw a different exhaust on there? Also he want 5500 for it and it has 7k miles, is 5 k a good offer for it?

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
Also is there any indication on the ecu that its been tuned?
There is ONLY one company tuning the Warrior ECU.
IVAN and he has a sticker on one side of the ECU and it's engraved with his tracing #

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
That's the most sought after performance Exhaust for the Warrior :confused:
The bike appears to be in pristine condition and probably still running the factory front tire perhaps?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
There is ONLY one company tuning the Warrior ECU.
IVAN and he has a sticker on one side of the ECU and it's engraved with his tracing #
Awesome thanks for the help.. not sure how to tell it has the pistons.. he saysnit has pistons and cam and the ecu

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
I don't know how to tell if it has a cam in it because even with cams it does not change the sound of the motor, no loping like a Harley. But you can remove an easy plug and look inside for the high top pistons if it has them.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Exhaust & right air side scoop are not SS stage IV.
SS stage IV kit included the afore mentioned ECU + other items listed below. A quick check for the SS ECU is to ride the bike, if the rpm limiter kicks in @ 5200 rpm it has a stock ECU the SS ECU rpm limit is 5800.
Stage 4 exhaust is 2x2 without an adaptor for the rear cylinder pipe to cylinder head, There are 2 mufflers + a relocation bracket for the rear brake master cylinder. There are pix of the stage IV exhaust in my gallery the front pipe has been modified for ground clearance,
HC pistons, cams, valve springs, performance clutch spring, aluminum right side air scoop, & stacks for both throttle bodies with screens & no filters + an installation pamphlet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So when installing the stage iv kit at the dealer they used ivan for the ecu? I had my raider ecu tuned by ivan
He’s ataying firm at 5500, and im at 5, we got ourself a good ole fashioned stalemate folks.. ohh well, prolly wont get it.. thanks for the info tho guys.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
You can also ask for the receipt if it was done at the dealer. When people drop big money into their bikes they usually keep receipts of the purchase or purchased items.

That is a very clean midnight

·
Registered
940 Posts
I think 5500 is realistic, IF it is what he says it is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Pay the extra $500, it probably cost him more than what he wants for the bike if he bought and installed a stage iv at the dealer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
If I didn't already have a Warrior, I'd buy it, assuming it had documentation of the upgrades.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Grrr you guys are making me think twice now... it really is a clean bike.. ohh man Imreally want it.. the raiders are decent looking but the warriors are straight muscle.. i almost creamed myself when Imfirst saw it..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts