RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Churchkey, The pamphlet arizona showed has that exhaust listed as an upgrade, are you sure its not a ss exhaust?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Exhaust pipe on bike pictured is Yamaha Speed Star Gen 2 .. The one Church described is speed star gen one ..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thx guys im just waiting on a reply back to make sure he has documentation on the upgrade. Messaged him a few hours ago. I cant get the dang bike out of my mind.

·
Administrator
28,419 Posts
Ask him what 5PX number is molded into the ECU. If he says 5PX-70 then you know the ECU is S* Stage4. Between the exhaust and ecu it becomes likely the pistons etc etc are also stage4. Not a guarantee, but heavily leaning that way.

Only exception is, from the pic, it almost seems the stock undertank airbox still exists, not stage4 intakes, but imo that is fine because the Churchkey VBAK is far superior and provides far better filtration.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Low mileage, Stage IV, clean, mostly unmolested except for some tasteful mods. I'd say it's worth it. I see lesser Warriors for more money here out west all the time. Even without the Stage IV stuff it's not unreasonable. If it's got the Speedstar ECU and the rest, great. It should also have some kind of aftermarket fuel controller to get the most out of it. If it doesn't, you should consider that you will probably want to add one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well no paperwork and 3 other people are supposidly interested in it. Im not sure i wanna pay 5500 for an 06 yamaha with zero paperwork for it. Sigh.. its a great bike im sure

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
Not busting ur [email protected]
But we've all gave u our opinions and experiences, the Bike for how it is
Is a good deal...
You your self said it's a great Motorcycle

Just bugs ....

Wanna buy it BUY IT..
Dont wanna BUY IT
Dont BJY IT...

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
And just a heads up theres like three other warriors in my area that are thousands cheaper.. like a few others on here have said, if there no proof of upgrade, then why pay the extra money.. he not gonna let me remove spark plugs in his driveway while I look at the cylinders.. meanwhile he has other people who are interested without having to start taking parts off his bike.. I know who i’d go with if I was selling my ride.. anyway I’ll post if I take it or not after he lets me look at it.. maybe a test ride will make me feel better. Can’t blame me for being cautious after the supposidly “bullet proof” raider took a fat **** on me at a mere 20k miles

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
What do you mean by no paperwork? If it's just no paperwork on the Stage IV stuff, not a big deal. If it's no title, that would be a deal breaker for me.

It's a lot of money to spend, so you have to decide if it's worth it to you.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have a Stage IV Warrior. Honestly, I don't feel the difference but I've taken her 130mph at around 5500rpm and she was running real smooth. I should have asked for some paperwork when I bought her but I got a good deal. out of the 3 Warriors in my stable, it's currently my favorite bike to ride so that means something.

You should get it, Doyle. Seems like the owner took really good care of it. And you will be VERY happy with her performance. Pull the trigger, bro, LOL!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
So I blew third gear in my yamaha raider, making it worthless. Anyway now i’m looking into a warrior. So I found one and have a few questions. There’s a midnight 2006 warrior for sale near me with a stage IV kit. It says the stage IV kit was installed at the dealer. First of all it has a stock pipe on it, why in the world would they do all these upgrades and keep the stock exhaust? Anyway how do I get the ecu retuned after I put aftermarket pipes on it? Also is the stage IV warriors reliable? Anything I should look out for on the bike? Is the tranny gonna be able to take all the extra power? Here’s a few pics. View attachment 248527 View attachment 248528
Hey where are you from? I saw this for sale and was interested. Ended up buying an 05 in indiana for a couple grand less. 2005 Warrior midnight bagger in Indiana 6,000 Obo. Probably going to switch mine up to look more like that one though. I'm having trouble dialing in my clutch so I can control the bike better at low speeds. It would be nice to have somebody check it out and make sure theres nothing going on. It's my first cruiser so I may just need to adjust to it. Any way that bike is sweet hope you get it.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts