RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all the good stuff here. Have a question on stage IV exhaust. Messed up stock can avoiding a mut. Want to replace exhaust only. Any problems not replacing any of the EFI product as well? Dealer didn't give me any heads up but not confident the guy at the parts counter would know.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
You can do it and manually adjust the CPU if needed. Might want to consider and air filter system at the same time.. Air in air out equals more power

Locating the ECU for larger pictures, click on the small pictures

The Ecu is located under the seat, remove and locate the ECU

Using Screwdriver, lift the latch o­n the ECU and pull the ECU apart

Locate wires #27 and #29, should be yellow and orange, the numbers are o­n the side of the ECU. This is the ECU loop. If you look closely at the side of the ECU, you will see numbers that tell you what wires we're talking about here.

Wires #27 and #29 complete the ECU loop, for adjusting the ECU, you will o­nly need worry about #27

If you turn the ecu wiring clip over, you will see three securing tabs, you can press these in to allow the wires to pull from clip.

After pushing in white tab, you can at this point pull any wire loose in that segment of wires. Push the clip back when #27 is extracted from clip.

Using aligator clips attached to a length of wire, ground #27 wire to frame.

Ground #27 wire to frame and plug the ECU back in.

Hold both buttons and turn o­n bike. Continue to hold buttons down until the diag message appears.

After 8 seconds you should see the diag come up o­n your screen.

Push left button and CO should come up o­n your screen.

Push both buttons again and co:01 will appear o­n your screen

Push both buttons again and a number will appear below the co:01

At this point, you can adjust the numbers up and down by using the buttons. When you have moved the numbers whatever number you like, put everything back the same way you took it appart and test it out.
The o­nly way to check the adjustment is to ride and check plugs and readjust as needed. This is very simple o­nce you have done it o­nce. There is no need to fear experimentation as you can't really screw up much< I have heard that you can fry the ECU if you don't pull the power but I have never had this happen. Be dilligent, write down your starting point so you can go back if you feel like it. The settings of this is not much more complicated than setting a digital clock (once you get to the point where you can actually do an adjustment). Now, the first time I tried it, I just pushed buttons randomly until I finally got to a place where I could actually make a change. That works too.

Thanks Meamore

·
Registered
26 Posts
Any value in dropping the $500 for the competition ECU from Yamaha? I essentially have the same question as hammer. Ordered the Speedstar pipe...now what? Thinking PCIII, maybe the competition ECU, but your explanation of manually adjusting the stock ECU seems like it would keep $500 in my pocket. Am I reading that correctly? TIA

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
quote:Originally posted by fasterred

but your explanation of manually adjusting the stock ECU seems like it would keep $500 in my pocket. Am I reading that correctly? TIA

No sence in keeping it in your pocket send it to me[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

Yes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts