RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming home from work today, 70 degrees outside and about 2 miles from work when I went to stop at a red light. I let off the throttle and pulled in the clutch lever and it was just like I shut off the key. I stoped and hit the starter and it fired up and ran fine the rest of the the way home (10 miles).
My idle is were it should be, my dry breaks from the fuel tank are snaped tight, the bike was fully warmed up.
Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? Mabey just one of them wierd things!

Harley Jones

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Mine used to stall all the time until I installed my PCIII. Check your throttle position sensor. If the value is too low, that will promote stalling.

TJ

·
Registered
291 Posts
If it happened again, I might look into it, but my guess is everything is ok. With its 45lb crank spinning around in there it doesn't surprise me that it might hickup every now and again. Thank goodness there is no kickstarter.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My idle moves around a bit when the bike is warm v. cold. I had the same thing happen to me, turned up the idel a bit and haven't had a problem since...B.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
I had the problem with the idle jumping around and the stalling issue. I had a faulty TPS sensor. That could be one possible problem.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Make sure your clutch cable is adjusted and make sure you are pulling it all the way in. That's happened to me before. Usually in the first few miles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts