RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just want to vent. i got a new blvd windshield. the chrome on the ball milled bracket is blistered. this is the second suck a$$ chromed part i get from them. the first was the chrome fender struts, horrible chrome job. i just kept it and didnt bother with trying to make it right.i got this new piece from south seattle yamaha . i think they suck too. i called and told them about my problem and they said to send it back but the shipping is at my cost (i live in louisiana). so now i get a defective product from them and it will cost me additional money to have it shipped both waysto make it right. that is just not how it works, they sold me a defective product they should make it right, bottom line. so they tell me i can take it up with customer service at yamaha. i call them and wait for a response for 2 weeks. they leave me a voice mail saying they can not help me i have to take it up with the dealer. no i am so angry i dont want to speak to anyone. customer service is horrible these days!! so i guess i wont be doing buisness with seatle yamaha any longer, and this is not the first piece i get from them, and am very unhappy with yamaha.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Wow...that's rough!
I've bought quite a few things from them over the last couple years, and have never had an issue with the quality of the Star stuff....just bought the billet clutch and brake pedals(ball milled) a 33tooth front pulley a couple months ago, and just recently the fork covers to boot(still processing the order though) I live in Canada so things take twice as long and the ordeal can be a bit nerve-wracking when you are waiting on new gear, I know. They aren't the most communicative I've found, but there's been no other problems for me with anything else. I hope you can get some satisfaction out of the whole thing though....

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
you should have checked with me first and i could have told you their chrome sucked, would have saved you a lot of aggravation. the few parts i have from yamaha leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to the chrome which is one of the reasons i havent put chrome fender stays on my machine, i'd rather have black than chrome that looks like a rainbow

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
southboundchicken said:
you should have checked with me first and i could have told you their chrome sucked, would have saved you a lot of aggravation. the few parts i have from yamaha leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to the chrome which is one of the reasons i havent put chrome fender stays on my machine, i'd rather have black than chrome that looks like a rainbow

that is exactly the way my fender stays looked. the nickel or copper or whatever plating they use was showing through the chrome. did i mention i am upset ant the parties involved sucked...

·
Administrator
30,089 Posts
That really sux. Tell me if I can help, I live a few blocks from Action Motorsports, who I'm told recently bought Seattle Sports Plaza (yami and honda). I will be in the area tomorrow as it happens. If its true they bought them, do you want me to complain to a suit? If yes, PM me what you want me to hand to them.

·
Registered
295 Posts
gman said:
Maybe I've been lucky, everything I have gotten from Yamaha has been good.

+1. I've ordered a ton of Star chrome stuff and have to say it's been very good quality. However, based on what you're saying, i would be unhappy too.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Call your credit card company. They will get all your money back and free shipping if the vendor does not want to work with you. At least American Express will and sometimes you do not even need to return the item.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Brian,
Customer service is going downhill everywhere. I have a friend with a Suzuki S83 Boulevard. He purchased the bike new in April of '08. He's been having problems getting the bike into first gear. He's done all the maintenance through the dealer and has lubricated the shifting levers pivot points. He dropped the bike off for them to check it out and was told 3 days later it was ready. When he got there the tech that worked on it was out test driving it. When the tech came back he told my friend that it still has a problem and that he'd like to keep it for a couple more days,

Well they finally called him to say it was ready. When he got there they asked him for somewhere in the neighborhood of $1200. When he asked why he owed it he was told they couldn't find anything wrong with the bike even though it wouldn't shift easily into first so Suzuki would not reimburse them for the labor. Suzuki would only reimburse if something was found. He told them to keep it and since he was making payments on it he'd let the finance company pick it up from them and letthem explain why it was happening. In all likelihood they would probably lose the financing services of the company.

With the economy the way it is, we're going to be seeing a lot more of this in the future. Even though these companies stand to lose future business, it's all about keeping the doors open right now.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i also forgot to mention it was missing parts. there are supposed to be 4 dampners that go between the shield and the brackets... there were only 2 in the package, still suck...

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
brb03 said:
the chrome on the ball milled bracket is blistered. this is the second suck a$$ chromed part i get from them. the first was the chrome fender struts, horrible chrome job.

What is thing called "chrome"?

Black it out!! Sorry for all your problems, good luck.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Sorry to hear amount your experience with the dealer and yamaha. I use jpcycles.com to get most of my bike related products and their customer service is great. if an item comes and it is not satisfactory they take the item back no questions asked. They do whatever they can to make the customer happy and after 30 years in the business they must be doing something right. I hope that with there name being on here it affects their business and they think twice about screwing a customer.

freerider8

·
Registered
861 Posts
I buy what I can from Jp or Dennis Kirk. DK has free shipping on everything over 100 bucks, and have been really good to me with returns in the past. Good Luck, I hope it works out for you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts