RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bold statement from your site sponsor.....

If find a Star item on any other website for a cheaper price including freight - we'll not only match it, we'll beat it by 1%.

This is for continental US only & excludes closeout/discontinued items.

If you have us beat email Scott or Ike or call us @ 1-888-880-2277. Next step is to fax a copy of the page that shows the total purchase amount including freight. This page is usually the last page you see before you hit that final button to purchase the item/s.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
What do you guys offer from the Yamaha website advertised priced ?
Most are at least 15% off plus free shipping in the lower 48 !

Kyle

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Always good to find a vendor that says things like this. Tells me two things, either I don't have to bother shopping and comparing prices from multiple places becasue you will be very competitive or have the best price. You want our business and I like when vendors value our business.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
if you can beat Yamahasportsplaza.com price, you have my business. They offer 25% off Yamaha accessories and 20% off oem parts.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We do want all your business (especially with the genuine Yamaha Star line). Our deal is pretty simple, 15% off on the entire Yamaha line with $5.95 shipping to anywhere in the continental USA for orders over $50.

Now we have seen other dealers offering 20% but when you ad up the freight - we are still less expensive. Also some of those same dealers EXCLUDE the Speedstar line and back their discounts down to 10%. I'm sure it's because those items are set at closer margins. However (for example) we still give the 15% off and I will ship you a set of Speedstar pipes for only $5.95 when it cost us a considerable amount more than that. We played around on a lot of dealers sites yesterday. Inner Fender Eliminator kits listed $2/3 cheaper than ours but after the $14 shipping charge they were $6/7 higher than us. Those Speedstar pipes we listed higher then tacked on more shipping as well. I could go on.

We just placed a $35k+ Star order with Yamaha. Because of y'all, almost 1/2 of that was Warrior accessories!! It's funny because we only sell about 1 to 2 Warriors per year. Our Yamaha rep is scratching his head on that one - LOL!!

***A reminder - If you order a hard part through the fiche finder please indicate that you are a member because we will give you a 15% discount on those as well. We have no way to automatically post the discount on those items.***

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Heres what I was just about to buy. Shipping was $37.00 if you can match it I'll buy from you just because your site supporters.. All these prices were gotten at www.Yamahasportsplaza.com

I would order more but I have the rest so this completes my Yamaha Chrome stuff...LOL..

5PX-Y2410-10-08 FUEL TANK COMP. $413.14 1 $413.14

610891 Pro-One Performance Road Star/Warrior Oil Cooler Kit OIL COOLER KIT-W/GAUGE RDSTAR $356.96 1 $356.96

STR-4WM27-44-02 Yamaha Billet Alternator Cover Fits all Road Stars and Road Star Warriors $36.76 1 $36.76

STR-5PX27-04-02 Yamaha Billet Front Axle Bolt Covers Fits all Warriors $31.96 1 $31.96

STR-5PX27-68-01 Yamaha Billet Rectifier Cover Fits all Warriors $65.56 1 $65.56

STR-5PX27-45-02 Yamaha Billet Pushrod Tube Covers Fits all Warriors $67.16 1 $67.16

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
quote:Originally posted by rolltideroll

It's funny because we only sell about 1 to 2 Warriors per year. Our Yamaha rep is scratching his head on that one - LOL!!

I reckon that alot of it is down to the fact that you are our main 'Site Sponsor' and feature on every page of this website, many members clearly want to send their custom your way. The fact that you offer a good discount and low shipping charges also has a helluvalot to do with it. Keep up the good work and thanks.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ohiomike

Heres what I was just about to buy. Shipping was $37.00 if you can match it I'll buy from you just because your site supporters.. All these prices were gotten at www.Yamahasportsplaza.com

I would order more but I have the rest so this completes my Yamaha Chrome stuff...LOL..

5PX-Y2410-10-08 FUEL TANK COMP. $413.14 1 $413.14

610891 Pro-One Performance Road Star/Warrior Oil Cooler Kit OIL COOLER KIT-W/GAUGE RDSTAR $356.96 1 $356.96

STR-4WM27-44-02 Yamaha Billet Alternator Cover Fits all Road Stars and Road Star Warriors $36.76 1 $36.76

STR-5PX27-04-02 Yamaha Billet Front Axle Bolt Covers Fits all Warriors $31.96 1 $31.96

STR-5PX27-68-01 Yamaha Billet Rectifier Cover Fits all Warriors $65.56 1 $65.56

STR-5PX27-45-02 Yamaha Billet Pushrod Tube Covers Fits all Warriors $67.16 1 $67.16

dang Mike! you building nother bike or what?!?

thanx for doing this Guys, way to be a great site sponsor!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ohiomike......

Their price with shipping - $1008.57 / Our price with shipping - $1045.16.

Now 2 of these parts are not Star items HOWEVER we'll still beat their price by 1% shipped to your door and sell you this order for $998.48 total.

I have most of these items in stock and the ones I do not have are showing avail. Just order through the website and put a reference # 1006RS1.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great question & I am glad you asked. The answer is ABSOLUTELY!

#1. I am handling & tracking all online orders. When an order comes in I enter it into our system to be ordered. If you place the order after business ours, your order is processed by 8:30am the next morning. If we have to special order some of those items, those will be placed with our suppliers no later than 9:30am. I am also handling that end as well. I am trying to email everyone if I spot a backorder part. If we have your order in stock - it will ship out that day.

#2. Same crew for almost 10 months now. Ike Strawbridge is my parts manager. He came from a Ford dealership and was new to the industry but he's caught on quick. The reason I am handling his online orders & parts orders is that he also carries some service management responsibilities & I don't want to stretch him to thin. Phillip Wesson is our parts counter person who does the final processing of your order including invoicing, billing, & shipping.

#3. Sort of a new (but not really - just better) system of tracking orders that we have to special order. There is 3 ways we can see your order - a hard printed copy that is filled in order, on our dealership system, & of course our secure dealer website system. After I receive our daily orders from our suppliers & receive them into our system - I personally go through each outstanding online order & see if those parts have arrived.

#4. Believe it or not we haven't had a terrible problem with backorders. Sure there are always some problem items out there but in general I believe Yamaha is doing a much better job. We are also using Parts Unlimited (Drag Specialties) much more.

#5. Our supply. I have talked alot about special orders I know BUT we stock a ton of Yamaha Star accessories - especially for the Warrior. Like I stated in an earlier post we just made a $35k Yamaha Star order and almost 1/2 of that was Warrior accessories. That's on top of what we already have in the shelf. We have made a large inventory commitment.

So I hope that answers your question and gives you & everybody a little insight into our operation. Have we had some problems - SURE, new people - YOU BET! Having said that we are over that hurtle & it's go time. No excuses now just business as usual.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Because of the items you listed below, I found the need to chime in. I too had heard early this year that you'd taken back over the on-line orders and there'd be no problems as there'd been in the past. Having not used you in the past, I decided based upon that to try you and I was not impressed.
My first order with you (and possibly my last order) was in April or May and I received the part a week ago. It went on back order and you asked me if I still wanted it. I told you I did. Two weeks ago, you said my order got lost in the system and you'd just taken the ordering back over. Something doesn't jive with what you told me, how many months it took to get my part and what you're saying here. Generally, I don't order parts in the spring before riding season is in full swing in hopes of receiving them in fall when riding season is over. I'd be willing to pay an extra $5.00 per $100.00 dollars to have somebody paying attention to my orders and getting them to me in a little more timely manor. I wouldn't have said anything here if I didn't see this post basically misrepresenting the experience I just recently had. By the way, bad news travels the distance of earth before good news gets out of the starting gate.
quote:Originally posted by rolltideroll

Great question & I am glad you asked. The answer is ABSOLUTELY!
#1. I am handling & tracking all online orders.
#2. Same crew for almost 10 months now.
#4. Believe it or not we haven't had a terrible problem with backorders. Sure there are always some problem items out there but in general

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know the order you are talking about because it was the only "problem" I had to fix when I took it back over about 2 months ago from a fellow we had hired to do nothing but online orders & eBay. We have went a different direction with this fellow and he is helping more in the store now. I still dunno what happened on your order and why it never shipped to us & I don't think it was Steven's (our previous online guy) fault. Yes it was on backorder at the time you ordered it but I can't figure out why it never shipped to us b/c I did see where it was ordered in our system. At any rate I hope you appreciate the fact that I did shoot straight with you and told you what was going on after I checked and seen the part was not still on backorder.

Let me add or clarify something else...Your order was never "lost in the system". Our order to Yamaha may have been or maybe we accidentally deleted it from the backorder list, but we knew where your order was with us all the times. I just don't want you or anyone else thinking that we take your orders (which have a lot of personal info on them) lightly - we never have no matter who was handling our orders.

Now please don't get me wrong, there is still some problems with backordered Star parts - just not near what it used to be. We are always going to battle this along with every other Yamaha dealer in the nation. Hey - at least y'all don't ride the Suzuki M109. Talk about backorders. Suzuki took almost a year to even come out with ANY accessories!! That's a little off the sudject - LOL.

I hope that addresses your (washingtonwarrior) issue. Can I just say that your order was not handled in a timely fashion & that there was much discussion about what happened or didn't happen. Adjustment made - enough said.

Order from me again. You'll like the service & enjoy the savings.

1 - 20 of 263 Posts