RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the Yamaha Warrior. But in viewing some for sale adds I've noticed some paint jobs read "Star" on the gas tank and others say "Warrior".

I am not confused with the "Road Star" bike. These are adds for the Yamaha Road Warrior.

Is there a difference in the bikes with the different decals/logos on the tank?

Sorry for the very novice question, but it is confusing to someone looking at these bikes for the first time.

·
Registered
81 Posts
There are more experts here than I - that disclaimer made, from what I remember Yamaha came out with their "Road Star" line in the late nineties, which was their cruiser branding. The "Road Star" Warrior was a spin on that line. Eventually this shifted into their own separate brand via shortening the name, "Star", for this line. Hence the Star Warrior. I'm not sure if that branding has taken off (it's still a Yamaha to me) and someone else will probably chime in and correct any erroneous info I may have ignorantly stated, but bottom line is a Warrior is a Warrior regardless of that branding (I think there are some differences between '04 and '05, minor things).

Also, I've owned mine for just shy of three weeks and I love it.

Raz

·
Registered
7 Posts
There are not any differences indicated by the Star vs Warrior paint schemes. The engine in all year Warriors is the same I believe. They did make minor changes for different year models but nothing too major. There is probably a thread in here somewhere that breaks down the differences by model year. Also, the Midnight Warriors have some different components I think and are all blacked out.

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
Some good read for differences between years.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
In 1994 Yamaha announced the creation of Star Motorcycles, a new standalone brand name for its cruiser series of motorcycles in the American market. Although a separate brand, Star motorcycles will continue to be sold at Yamaha dealerships. In other markets the same bikes will still be sold as Yamahas. In 2006 The brand was expanded to being its own company, although Yamaha still handles production and distribution. The brand is operated out of the Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA offices in Cypress, California. The motorcycles are designed in the United States.

In 2016 Yamaha announced they will be dropping the moniker STAR, and reverting to selling under the Yamaha name.

Star Motorcycles Wiki

·
Administrator
29,187 Posts
They are all the same regardless of tank logo being Warrior or Star. A point came when Yamaha/Star decided to brand most everything in the Star lineup as Star. Its a cool logo. Lots of members remove all the logos and repaint anyway. Its just what you do when making it your own.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
They are all the same regardless of tank logo being Warrior or Star. A point came when Yamaha/Star di tell ecided to brand most everythin in the Star lineup as Star. Its a cool logo. Lots of members remove all the logos and repaint anyway. Its just what you do when making it your own.
[/QUOT

·
Registered
44 Posts
In 1994 Yamaha announced the creation of Star Motorcycles, a new standalone brand name for its cruiser series of motorcycles in the American market. Although a separate brand, Star motorcycles will continue to be sold at Yamaha dealerships. In other markets the same bikes will still be sold as Yamahas. In 2006 The brand was expanded to being its own company, although Yamaha still handles production and distribution. The brand is operated out of the Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA offices in Cypress, California. The motorcycles are designed in the United States.

In 2016 Yamaha announced they will be dropping the moniker STAR, and reverting to selling under the Yamaha name.

Star Motorcycles Wiki
random_guy got it.
The star was aimed at the American market the bean counters thought you would buy more Star's than Yamahaha's

·
Administrator
29,187 Posts
Gotta remember that a lot of the design work was done in San Diego and Cypress California. So they pulled out the stops to make Star closer to being an American bike if you know what I mean. I'm still surprised they did not open a factory here. I think they bought a lot of chrome Star accessories from the USA, many were designed by Jeff Palhegyi in San Diego. But no bike factory here. Sux!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts