RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny thing happened when doing a Bikers For Tots Poker Run.. Bike had been running fine until the 3rd stop. When I went to start the bike, it would not turn over and the engine light was flashing rapidly. Bike was in neutral. I turned the key off let it sit for about 30 seconds, turn the key to on position and the bike started right up. It happened again at the 4th stop, so I got it started and took it straight home. I let it sit all week. I went to start it yesterday and it started right up with no issue. Has anyone ever had this happen before? Could it be the battery? Battery did test fine...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,810 Posts
Could be a series of different possibility. Lose wire to the starter, lose coil wire, faulty kickstand switch, faulty kill switch......etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
I have been trying to sort this out my self.I have had the bike for about a year and it will sometimes, after shutdown, not turn everything off. speedo backlighting flash and some other relay clicking going on.The guy I bought the bike from,it's a 02, told me to shut off the bike...first kick it out of gear and then shut off with key,not kill switch and then lower the kick stand. I have my bike down right now for winter mods andhope to fix this glitch. I have done a searchhere at our 4m with no luck. I know U have a start up problem and to my shut off ,but Ithink we will find that thay are related,switch contacted or diode in relay pack..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,661 Posts
warriordude said:
I know U have a start up problem and to my shut off ,but Ithink we will find that thay are related,switch contacted or diode in relay pack..

Mike, you have the "click of death"! It's well documented, just replace your stock running lights and the problem will be fixed. There are some other workarounds, but they all involve putting a load on the running light circuit.


Chris, dunnow what up with yours, sorry. If it happens again, be sure to write down the trouble code.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,912 Posts
warriordude said:
I have been trying to sort this out my self.I have had the bike for about a year and it will sometimes, after shutdown, not turn everything off. speedo backlighting flash and some other relay clicking going on.The guy I bought the bike from,it's a 02, told me to shut off the bike...first kick it out of gear and then shut off with key,not kill switch and then lower the kick stand. I have my bike down right now for winter mods andhope to fix this glitch. I have done a searchhere at our 4m with no luck. I know U have a start up problem and to my shut off ,but Ithink we will find that thay are related,switch contacted or diode in relay pack..
warriordude .... your problem is a simple fix and well documented on this site for some years. It's the result of removing the front incandescent (filament bulb) running lights and rear license light and there are several simple fixes.


A search for Click of death,COD or Solenoid Syndrome will bring up lots of press with a detailed explanation such as these:


HELP!!! Electrical problem and I'm lost: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/25365/371896.aspx#371896

http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/122316/979431.aspx#979431

http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/22258/282150.aspx#282150

http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/16485/268137.aspx#268137

http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/25934/377658.aspx#377658
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
29,700 Posts
Cltgt, your engine light blinking question can possibly be answered on page 6-5 of the service manual. Its most often an old battery that won't keep enough minimum voltage to feed the sensors and ECU but here's the big picture just in case.


Engine trouble warning light indication
Blinking *2 Warning control when unable to start engine


The condition occurs for several reasons shown:
*2
Warning control when unable to start engine
This control is effected when any one of the
conditions listed below is present and the
starter switch is turned ON:
a. Battery voltage below the specified value
(defective Fuel injection system relay,
engine stop switch turned OFF, or drained
battery)
b. One of the fault codes listed below has
been detected (self-diagnostic code 12, 19,
30, 41, or 50 is output):
(12: faulty crankshaft position sensor signal)
(19: open circuit in sidestand input line)
(30: a fall has been detected)
(41: open or short circuit in lean angle cutoff
switch)


(50: ECU memory check error)


cltgt said:
Funny thing happened when doing a Bikers For Tots Poker Run.. Bike had been running fine until the 3rd stop. When I went to start the bike, it would not turn over and the engine light was flashing rapidly. Bike was in neutral. I turned the key off let it sit for about 30 seconds, turn the key to on position and the bike started right up. It happened again at the 4th stop, so I got it started and took it straight home. I let it sit all week. I went to start it yesterday and it started right up with no issue. Has anyone ever had this happen before? Could it be the battery? Battery did test fine...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
U guys Rock!!! I love this 4M!! Yes the running turn sig lights & tag lights have ALL been removed...I will go over the fix in the links U have outlined.THANKS.... AlanH, i wanted to pick you brain about this @ Tahoe whenI had a chance but just to muchground to cover...


And BladerunnerI pulled my airbox and found looking downin the intake port with throttleheld open,that the#2 cylinder has a vary lazy injector. the spray pattern looks like the one in your pictures you posted on this sometime ago. Haven't pulled itto clean,check or replace but it is on my LIST..


Thank You Again Guys


Mike Marshall warriordude
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny you mention that! I had the same issue a few days before the ride... Put some LED lights up front...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will try to replace the battery today. Any chance someone can tell me the battery size code so I can go pick one up at lunch? Otherwise, I won't get home before all the stores close and I want to ride tomorrow since it will be almost 80 degrees!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
29,700 Posts
Try the 200cca 14ah SVR14 (see <-- arrow)


Battery - OEM: GT14B-4 (GS) 135cca 12ah (6" x 2.75" x 5.75")(10 lbs)
Battery: http://www.apexbattery.com/motorcycle-batteries.html
Battery - Choices: http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/48380.aspx
Battery - Size and Issues: http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/113235.aspx
Battery - 200cca 14ah Mod: http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/28202.aspx <--
Battery - 200cca 12ah Mod: http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/29257.aspx
Battery - 210cca 12ah Mod: http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/115118.aspx
Battery - 220cca 17ah Mod: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/113987/930145.aspx#930145
Battery - 300cca 18ah Mod: http://www.westcobattery.com/battery_page.php?bid=18&vid=-1
Battery - 300cca 18ah Mod: http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/113987.aspx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Hi The Forum , I have a starting problem, I have read the some of the starting problems that other people have experienced and out of that it is leading to a new starting relay but not completely convinced. Now What happens to my 2006 Warrior is that after a ride and it has cooled down some what, say after a cup of coffee and a chat and then try to start it, it will not start, After turning the key and the ramp up that's okay but after pressing the start switch, not a sound just nothing. After a few minutes trying again it will start. I tap the switches but I think the Warrior makes it own mind up when to start. I have pull the wiring about and out, seams all good, sprayed the switches, no washed the switches with WD40. (That being the start switch, Clutch switch, Stand switch and the cut out switch) so as I said I am leaning towards the start relay. What does anyone think? Regards Atholross
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Hi rcoligan2. Now I didn't notice a code coming up, the reset of the tacho didn't happen until I turned the key of and on, I will look for it next time, the engine light Stays on until it fires up .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,120 Posts
a search will turn up ways to check the starter relay, but it sounds like maybe a bad wire somehow. did you really check all the battery/starter connections and what's the voltage and age of the battery. voltage both running and not running.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top