RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I turn key over (to on position) fuel pump comes on starter relay clicks ( part in the background with two fuses) but starter does not turn over.... unplugged this relaY that is hooked to what I will call the power side of the starter relay) as shown in picture there is a third wire ran to either of the outside three post on relay .... but anyway unhooked this third wire and hooked to middle post bike has some power all time but bike starts up and runs fine now if I plug it back in to either outside post no dash lights or pump..... any body have part number to cross reference or any ideas as to whT might be happening ??? Bad relay I assume ?? ....also have jumped power from. Battery straight to starter and has forced the bike to start up and has saved my butt a couple times now..........this condition of the starter not turning over has happened a few times now. But some how I have gotten lucky enough it would fire up after. Few mins of sitting ...... so today it acted up and I pulled up diagnostic mode right away. Had already cleared codes before but new codes 12 and 38 which is decompression solenoid and faulty wiring right ?? ..... any input or data very much appreciated fairly new warrior owner..... need my Harley killer back in action.... TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
So when I turn key over (to on position) fuel pump comes on starter relay clicks ( part in the background with two fuses) but starter does not turn over.... unplugged this relaY that is hooked to what I will call the power side of the starter relay) as shown in picture there is a third wire ran to either of the outside three post on relay .... but anyway unhooked this third wire and hooked to middle post bike has some power all time but bike starts up and runs fine now if I plug it back in to either outside post no dash lights or pump..... any body have part number to cross reference or any ideas as to whT might be happening ??? Bad relay I assume ?? ....also have jumped power from. Battery straight to starter and has forced the bike to start up and has saved my butt a couple times now..........this condition of the starter not turning over has happened a few times now. But some how I have gotten lucky enough it would fire up after. Few mins of sitting ...... so today it acted up and I pulled up diagnostic mode right away. Had already cleared codes before but new codes 12 and 38 which is decompression solenoid and faulty wiring right ?? ..... any input or data very much appreciated fairly new warrior owner..... need my Harley killer back in action.... TIA
2006 RS Warrior P/N with right side pos. battery hook up is P/N MS5F-631.. YAMAHA sales sold me P/N 4BH-81940-02 which has pos. battery hook up on LEFT side.. Ass backwards!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
2006 RS Warrior P/N with right side pos. battery hook up is P/N MS5F-631.. YAMAHA sales sold me P/N 4BH-81940-02 which has pos. battery hook up on LEFT side.. Ass backwards!!!
I too had to replace my decompression relay!!! You can also remove lower, front, ride side cover for relay and use your finger to push up decompression stem!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I too had to replace my decompression relay!!! You can also remove lower, front, ride side cover for relay and use your finger to push up decompression stem!!!
CODE 38 is decompression solenoid!!! CODE 12 is NO normal signals are received from crankshaft position senor!!! NO START or NO DRIVE. !!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
CODE 38 is decompression solenoid!!! CODE 12 is NO normal signals are received from crankshaft position senor!!! NO START or NO DRIVE. !!!
Down load service shop manual pdf from library use chapter 6 and start on page 6-4!!!
Service Manual
Technical Discussion
For those of you who haven't got a clear copy of the service manual of the RS Warrior, you can download it from the website of my motor friends club "BlackCaps" Here it is......http://www.blackcaps.nl/forumfotos/warrior_service.pdf
You could order your self the YAMAHA Service Manual LIT-11616-RS-W1 (R S WARRIOR MIDNIGHT WARRIOR 2006-2009) it costs $70!!!

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,724 Posts
The parts manuals are attached here.

The service manual with supplements:
Www.rswarriordocs.com
Notice the Tab named manuals.
The supplements cover errors and omissions, not just model year differences.

Plus, in the DOCUMENTATION FORUM here, go to the TABLE OF CONTENTS to find SERVICE MANUAL NOTES so you know that some things are not as they seem. Beware: an early version of that dicument still exists on 'rswarriordocs' where the service manual is found: ignore that one very early version, we learned a lot since. Get the updated version here in Documentation. Read more here:

The starter relay is one of several parts that are a little unusual so it's smart to buy it from an actual Yamaha dealer.

Also, most aftermarket sellers think the R*W is the same as the R* and that simply is not true in most cases. It's a trap.

Also, you should test the decompression solenoid. It's necessary on this big cube motor. Confirm it's bad, or good, so your path clears a bit.

You should also read-up on Click of Death a.k.a. COD and inspect your bike to determine it yours suffers it.

When battery voltage falls too low, there isn't enough power to light-up the sensor array. The bike throws phantom error codes.

So you need to know what is causing low battery power. Is it the decompression solenoid? Or is there a loose or damaged POS or NEG battery cable? Or is the starter failing or loose cable? Or is it COD? Or is the battery failing?

There is more knowledge posted here than anywhere else. Use Advanced Search.

And don't assume anything. With this bike everything is AIR, FUEL, SPARK or SENSOR DRIVEN. And most everything is grounded AFTER the load, so its not enough to verify power to a device, you have to also test for a good ground. The manual and color electrical diagram help.

I make it sound bad, but its easy. Just one foot after the other one step at a time.

·
Premium Member
4,696 Posts
Man these guys are quick on the draw and have you pointed in the right direction.
What are you guys doing up in the middle of the night???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Man these guys are quick on the draw and have you pointed in the right direction.
What are you guys doing up in the middle of the night???
I really don’t know!!! I go to bed late and get up late because my wife lets me sleep until l get up and if l set alarm @ 11:30 am she turns it off!!! BUT she says l don’t go to bed like normal people. After retirement it’s an awesome vacation from awakening @ 2:30 am to ride off at 4:30–5:00 am to work for 27 years after returning from USAF with 21 years!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I really don’t know!!! I go to bed late and get up late because my wife lets me sleep until l get up and if l set alarm @ 11:30 am she turns it off!!! BUT she says l don’t go to bed like normal people. After retirement it’s an awesome vacation from awakening @ 2:30 am to ride off at 4:30–5:00 am to work for 27 years after returning from USAF with 21 years!!!
PS. It’s dead quite!!!

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,235 Posts
Thank you for your service!

·
Registered
18 Posts

Www.rswarriordocs.com

Plus, in the DOCUMENTATION FORUM here, go to the TABLE OF CONTENTS to find SERVICE MANUAL NOTES so you know that some things are not as they seem. Beware: an early version of that dicument still exists on 'rswarriordocs' where the service manual is found: ignore that one very early version, we learned a lot since. Get the updated version here in Documentation. Read more here:

The starter relay is one of several parts that are a little unusual so it's smart to buy it from an actual Yamaha dealer.

Also, most aftermarket sellers think the R*W is the same as the R* and that simply is not true in most cases. It's a trap.

Also, you should test the decompression solenoid. It's necessary on this big cube motor. Confirm it's bad, or good, so your path clears a bit.

You should also read-up on Click of Death a.k.a. COD and inspect your bike to determine it yours suffers it.

When battery voltage falls too low, there isn't enough power to light-up the sensor array. The bike throws phantom error codes.

So you need to know what is causing low battery power. Is it the decompression solenoid? Or is there a loose or damaged POS or NEG battery cable? Or is the starter failing or loose cable? Or is it COD? Or is the battery failing?

And don't assume anything. With this bike everything is AIR, FUEL, SPARK or SENSOR DRIVEN. And most everything is grounded AFTER the load, so its not enough to verify power to a device, you have to also test for a good ground. The manual and color electrical diagram help.

I make it sound bad, but its easy. Just one foot after the other one step at a time.

Www.rswarriordocs.com

AZ. Warrior; l have tried to down load copies of your MAPs and nothing comes out!!! I have the TITLE for the maps on page, PDF, 2kbs, when opens there is a black/ nothing page!!! Can you figure out or know why ??? Or instruct me how to do it!!! I don’t know why it says deleted files either!?? I have tried down loading on ip cloud storage and iPhone’s storage as well!!! All NOTHING

·
Registered
18 Posts
When you save the file to your device, you open it with the power commander PCIII control- center-software.
Exactly how do l do that,? also when l tap on (If you don’t have the P. C. PC111 control tap here) and app opens,! safari warns this is not a secure site, go back or know your risks for your private info! ???

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,235 Posts
I just reread these posts and there wasn’t much about maps until the end. Just confirming you are looking for Power Commander III maps. If so, you have to have a Power Commander that can connect to a computer. If it’s a PCIII, it should be a USB one. There was a serial port one that should be replaced if that’s what you have.

Once confirmed you have a PCIII USB, you’ll need a Windows computer that you can connect to the PCIII. Usually, a laptop works best but there are other situations that work. If you have that, then continue.

Go to the Dynojet website and download their software as this is the only way to change your map outside of finding a tuner.

After that’s up and running, you can find maps and download and install them on your bike. The aforementioned software is required to open the map files. You can’t do any of this from your phone.

Hope this helps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts