RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here I was enjoying the nice weather for a change here in Dallas and the bike just dies. As if it was getting no power at all. Once I got everything apart I found this piece coming apart, considering it's connected to the battery I assume this is it.

When I tried to call the dealer they were of no help so I wanted to make sure this is the starter relay and main fuse before I began searching and ordering parts, or if anyone here already knows what parts I should order.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes its OEM Starter Relay 4YR-81940-02-00 but you can do much better on the price. Stick with the factory part number because subtle variations will screw you in seriously expensive ways.
Yeah I've found this part on Amazon and eBay but the reviews for what I assume is knock off is kind of concerning. I'll do some more price shopping. Thanks for the confirmation!

·
Administrator
27,737 Posts
I see you are right. Just about might as well pay dealer price just to assure quality and fitment. There are so many knock-offs that have inadequate info to assure correct circuit. Crazy.

Check Yamaha Sports Plaza and also check Boats.net.

Also do a search for discount codes for both just in case.

Compare to your local yami store. Best I can offer as far as help.

·
Premium Member
8,395 Posts
So here I was enjoying the nice weather for a change here in Dallas and the bike just dies. As if it was getting no power at all. Once I got everything apart I found this piece coming apart, considering it's connected to the battery I assume this is it.

I wouldn't assume this is your cutting out issue unless the battery terminal was loose on the start relay.
This component part is two different devices that snap together.

1. Starter Relay Assyl
  2. Main 30A Fuse with Spare.
The copper ring terminal is attached to 'B' Battery terminal of the Starter Relay for continuity and positive power.
I would suggest you check continuity across the 2-male spade terminals of the Main Fuse and also when reassembled to the Starter Relay for + power.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the problem is the connecting point was broken and falling apart. I'm sure with the vibration it could have caused it to separate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts