RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short is I’m on a roadtrip and I think the stator is fried. Can’t find it from any major website, does anyone have a source on where to get an OEM/Aftermarket replacement?

I was riding and the bike turned off and on a few times, then about 5min later fully turned off. Battery is about 2years old and I’ve been riding for almost 4k miles now (within the last 2 weeks) with no issues. Makes me think stator/rectifier went bad, causing the battery to die. Maybe from heat in the desert (was 105° yesterday and 101° today), maybe low oil (doubt it as the bike gets 5k intervals), maybe just old Father Time (bike has 44k miles on it).

Found a few old threads regarding testing the stator/rectifier voltage readings, which I’ll do now. Just wanted to get a head start here in case the parts are in fact bad. For reference these are the three threads I found, any others or other tests I’m missing that would help?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Proprer idle speed is important to the voltage output as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep I have the service manual, it looks like my issue might have been a dead cell in the battery the entire time. I put a new one in and so far it’s been holding proper voltage and charging with idle/on-throttle. Will keep an eye over the next thousand miles to see if I wasn’t as lucky as I thought.

Original question still stands though, if I do need a new stator, are any OEM available or any proven aftermarkets?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts