RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what the Dyno showed before with just the V&H Pro Pipe. With the new Mods, I had it Dyno mapped. I'm getting 85.5 HP and 101.4 on the torque side.

The bike has an awesome SNAP to the throttle. Do these #'s look about right?

Chris

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Sounds just about right with those mods. You think it's snappy now, drop some HC pistons in there and hang on!!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was the next question. WHATS NEXT? Where do I get it?

Hey your from the AK!! I used to live in ANC. Worked for GCI. I have a buddy who lives out there by you.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
That brings me to a good question....I'm jealous of all the 02 folks that got HC pistons installed for free (not that I would want that recall mess). How much of a job would it be to install HC pistons myself? I'm very mechanically savvy....Rebuilt small blocks growing up. but never opened up a bike engine. I've searched for this with no luck, Should I post a new topic?

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Your next mod has to be open the air system.
1)K&N replacement filters
2)PR,Curchkey or Barons BAK.
3)Any other air system replacement.
Go to dyno again.
Next mods:
HC pistons,cams,valve job.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Sounds about right to me. Maybe a touch higher that some with the same mods.
Condrons, your question has been done by several members. With a shop manual a mechanically savy tech could do this very easily.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Get a better BAK - get more power. Any BAK with vstack will beat your numbers. With a PR BAK for example I would expect some 89-90 rwhps with the pro-pipe.

The Barons BAK is purely for looks - it does little for performance.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Funny I must have a strong bike becuz I just have the V&H Pro pipe and I had a dyno run with 88 rwhp. I am picking up my PRBAK tomorrow, can't wait to see how it runs with that.

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
Frankenstein told ya right about the Baron's Stealth BAK. I tossed mine and went with ChurchKey's V-BAK with my own "homemade version" of the Coil relocation plate with the Dyna Coils.

The main reason I purchased the Baron's was because of the clean-up on the front of bike. After being a member on this forum for awhile I realized that I had just wasted my money and time.

So I had to make a plate that would allow me to use the Dyna Coils (they are fatter), and allow room for the V-BAK and the filters. Had to off-set location of coils in order to achieve this goal due to the lack of room under tank.

Baron's just mounts their supplied K&N's directly onto the throttle bodies. Doesn't do anything much that I could tell. However,..the V-BAK woke it up bigtime.

Insert Image:

74.5 KB

These are K&N RU-2550's that I used for awhile because of space, and they were big enough. They did the job. I always wanted to re-work and put on the filters that were intended for the kit. This past Saturday I replaced the RU-2550's with the K&N RC-1290's that are recommended for the V-BAK. Had to move everything around alot and re-work alot of stuff to make room, but it worked out great.

I forgot to take a picture of my completed project. Here's a picture of the K&N RC-1290's from another member on the forum versus the RU-2550's that I had been using!

Insert Image:

43.02 KB

Insert Image:

34.86 KB

Insert Image:

30.87 KB
Baron's Stealth BAK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts