RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I noticed that my throttle is starting to stick a little. What and where is the first thing I need to check or do to fix it.

Thanks, RGWarrior

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
1st thing I would do is throw a little lube up under the throttle grip if I could. Might be a little road grime build up. 2nd would be to have a look at the throttle control assembly behind the left side/AIS cover. You might put a little lube on the assembly there as well. Besure is not binding at both ends where the cable goes into the cable tube ends...with any good luck a little lube will do ya.

good luck!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
It would also be worth checking you have enough free play in the cables. I don't like too much slack but there needs to be enough for the throttle to snap closed with the bars in any position.

·
Administrator
30,137 Posts
Carefully loosen the throttle housing at the right grip, split the housing, and WD40 the cable-ends inside the housing. Get some WD40 down the cable too. Be sure there's no debris or damaged plastic on the throttle grip where the cables connect. Re-assemble the housing and leave the screws a little loose. As you do the final tighten of the screws see if the stiffness returns (indicating the housing is crimping thegrip). Even if this fixes it, the next time you have the tank off, WD40 that end also, and check spring installation is correct.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Also you might want to check that any moving parts under the tank are no being obstructed by any cables/hoses that may have shifted. This happened to me after the Vbak install.... I had routed a sparkplug cable and it was rubbing against the throttle body area making my throttle stick...

If you have not done a VBAK this might not be a problem...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts