RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished installing my new kuryakyn dual circuit led flasher/running lights. the package came with a load eq. 3 wires come out of it, 1 blk. ground and 2 others that tap into the blinker wires and when i shut the bike down in gear i still have the COD? just wondering if it's because i am using 1 load eq instead of 2 ? any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
So if you are still using running lights but they are LED...sounds like you need a load equalizer on that circuit also.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bladerunr said:
The COD is caused by removing the running lights.

The loadeq willonlyfix the fast blink...
the load eq that i have installed has slowed the blink rate back to normal but whats confusing me now is that i still have the cod and i thought by installing a load eq was supposed to cure that? remember now , i have 1 load eq that is serving both left and right blinkers, maybe i need to buy another load eq. and give each left and right blinker circuits its own load eq

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
southboundchicken.... there is a separate wire that powers the running lights. I believe it is the blue wire..( signals are green and brown if I remember correctly) For example I got rid of the running lights altogether. I would have the COD if that circuit didn't sense a load , or in your case not enough load. I used that blue wire to power a bulb in my air/fuel gauge and that solved the problem.

I think you probably need to leave the load eq where it is for the signals and add one for the running lights as it is a separate feed.

From your last post it sounds like you aren't realizing that the fast blink and the COD are two separate issues..with two separate fixes.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I also have the COD.. trying to research this and a bit confused.. the fix for the flash rate and the fix for the COD are two different fixes I guess? I could care less about the flash rate but can't deal with COD.. check this out:

http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/25365/371896.aspx#371896

So apparently a LEQ fixes the flash rate, and the 1K resister fixes the COD? Could someone back me up here and tell me if I read that right?

·
Registered
325 Posts
dekkota said:
I also have the COD.. trying to research this and a bit confused.. the fix for the flash rate and the fix for the COD are two different fixes I guess? I could care less about the flash rate but can't deal with COD.. check this out:

http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/25365/371896.aspx#371896

So apparently a LEQ fixes the flash rate, and the 1K resister fixes the COD? Could someone back me up here and tell me if I read that right?

So more specifically: LEQ on the SIGNALcircuits to fix flash rate / 1K resister on the RUNNING LIGHTS circuit to fix COD.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I'm not much good with electrics. But yes two separate issues. It has often been said to just get a small 12 volt bulb and socket and add to the line (blue) inside headlight bucket to create the needed resistance to fix COD. I'm not sure if you would do that differently in line with LED running lights as that was the fix for NO running lights. Bottom line is that circuit needs to sense the proper load (or enough load) so it won't cause COD.

·
Registered
325 Posts
IMO the resister would be the way to go, bulb seems like a hazard (melt wires, etc.). I would assume the resister would create less heat/dissapate more heat?

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i think i hear what your saying bruce. the load eq that i installed took care of the fast blink rate
so now i need to put one on the running light circuit to take care of the cod
back to the tool box i go..... off comes the head light for the 100th time

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Yes.. but take note of what both dekkota and I are saying. I don't know if you need another LEQ. More likely a bulb or resistor. I have heard of many using the bulb...I don't know how hot a resistor gets. AlanH could probably tell you definitively what you need ...or some searching.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts