RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sharing today's story

Balmy Summers night in Melbourme today (we hit 104F today for any winter bound northern hemisphere readers
), I was riding over to my parents place for dinner along Bell st (for the Melbourneites), 70 Km/hr speed limit, 4 lanes wide. I pulled up at the lights alongside a Honda, (sorry I didn't note the model - all sporties look the same to me, but it was certainly a quick one). Lights turn green and he rips it,just to show this cruiser how good he was.I take off normally so he's in front but I give it a bit more just so he knows he's not as special as he thinks.

Next set of lights an R6 pulls up along side us. Green light and the Honda is off again, I give it a bit more just to stay in touch so he knows. The R6 isn't interested, he's just travelling somewhere,

Next set of lights same deal.

Next set of lights same deal.

OK, I turn 52 yo in a few weeks, but finallythe boy in me is coming out again. Fark u Jack, the brain is thinking.

Three of us lined up, green light, so I give it the well rehearsed drag strip launch, spray a bit of rubber over the cage behind, power shift it into second, rip it to about 120 Km/hr then back off. When I'd slowed to about 80 Km/hr the Honda went flying pastand I was grinning inside. We cruise to the next set of lights, then the R6 arrives, he looks at me, I look at him, he knows the deal and gives me a big nod and a thumbs up ............. I'm still grinning.

Fark I love this bike

If only it had a vagina..............

·
Registered
36 Posts
nice story. I wished I could do some biking in these days but it's f.... cold here in Switzerland. Anyway Spring is coming closer

sending my regards to Aussie Land

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Nothing more to say then

Share your smile, and wish you a good B'day

Dutch

·
Registered
298 Posts
Great story Greg. I cant stop grinning thinking about it.

I just wish you could hear what the other guywas thinking when you lit it up. HeHe.

Thanks for sharing Tosh.

·
Registered
3 Posts
mate,I'm really sorry to have to tell you this, but smoking people is just part of the program

I'm afraid your just going to have to get used to being the king of the hill

·
Registered
232 Posts
johnd said:
mate,I'm really sorry to have to tell you this, but smoking people is just part of the program

I'm afraid your just going to have to get used to being the king of the hill

Yes, HDespecially. I just love it and it is not just THE standard program: IT'S AN OBLIGATION... or shall I say "an honour"? (to be more polite?)

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
gtg_ozzie said:
but finallythe boy in me is coming out again. Fark u Jack, the brain is thinking

that's exactly what hits my brian...red mist..now let's get down to business..the traffic light drag race.oh yeaaaaa..the biggest grin factor...and i don't have to ask 'was it good for you'

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Sounds like fun !!!! And I envy your hot weather !! This is a story I told in another post a couple months ago ...your story made me think of this one and smile inside !

About 2 months ago I rolled up to a red light and in the left lane next to me there were 7 sport bikes . I said hi to the ones next to me and they did the same. One of them revved his bike and I thought "I wonder if these guys are gonna give 'er?"

We were almost in the downtown and in a hospital zone. When the light turned green the first 2 bikes nailed it and then I did also.( I think they all nailed it but I only ever saw the first two) It was about a three block boulevard(with median) to the next lights. I caught and passed the number 2 bike and was just about to take the front one when he let off for the next intersection . I did too and rolled ahead and made a left towards downtown. They came left too ..all 7 (although I hadn't seen 5 of them once the light had changed) but they would not pull up next to me at any light or stop sign all the way to the waterfront . At the waterfront is a circle where bikes gather ...sometimes 150 + and the sportbikes usually group together opposite the cruisers/Harleys etc. Eventually one of the young guys I beat came over and started asking about the Warrior..finally saying that althoiugh he was keeping his sportbike, he was planning to get a cruiser also...then he said "And that's the one I'm gonna get!!!" These young guys were shocked and amazed at how the Warrior turned on and what it was capable of.Actually , I had heard they could stand up against sportbikes in the shortrun but hadn't tested the theory before this.

Another guy with aliter sportbike pulled up beside me a few days later and said " I was daydreaming about your bike today" We talked and he said eventually he would get away from the sportbike and hoped I was selling mine then. After thatwhen driving by a spot where they hang out I will occasionally put down a 60 foot rolling burnout ( sometimes a little sideways) and the times I stop and have a coffee with them they are just drooling over the Warrior,,,"That things just sick , man!!" " Man, you were idling by ..just a rumble .. and when you nailed it every girl for two blocks covered their ears with their hands !!! " That things just crazy sick!"... these kind of comments!! It's great!

I like your style gtg_ozzie!

Disclaimer: If being read by local law enforcement , the preceding is strictly a fictional account .

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Cool story.

I'm one of those in the northern hemisphere waiting for spring. I met a guy who has a Sportster 1200 and thinks it is great just cause it has the Harley label. He hasn't seem my Raider yet, but has already made some "Jap bike" comments. When weather allows and he sees my bike we'll see what he says then. Yeah, I know I shouldn't pick on a Sportster, but rather someone my own size and I suspect he will quiet down and forget a challenge once we're setting side by side. It is not a big deal, but I would like to see him eat his words and offer a compliment. I think his Sportster has given him the little man syndrome.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
gman said:
Cool story.

I'm one of those in the northern hemisphere waiting for spring. I met a guy who has a Sportster 1200 and thinks it is great just cause it has the Harley label. He hasn't seem my Raider yet, but has already made some "Jap bike" comments. When weather allows and he sees my bike we'll see what he says then. Yeah, I know I shouldn't pick on a Sportster, but rather someone my own size and I suspect he will quiet down and forget a challenge once we're setting side by side. It is not a big deal, but I would like to see him eat his words and offer a compliment. I think his Sportster has given him the little man syndrome.

Harley Davidson
The "Claytons Penis" - The penis you have when you don't have a penis

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bruce59, I never saw your post originally but it's absolutely a great read.

I used to believe that the quick sporties would blow me out of the water and so had made a mental note not to embarrass myself by taking one on at the lights. Since then I had a day at the drag strip where I had 2 races against an R6. He was comfortably quicker over the quarter mile but 0 to 70 mph,I was quicker. I have formed the opinion that sporties have big problen keeping the front wheel on the ground from a standing start and so it takes a rider of exceptional ability and experience to to get the full potential from their machine and sothe Warrior's torque from a standing start will be the winner. So, so long as I don't bump into Valentino Rossi at the traffic lights,I have total faith in my beast.

On a more sombre note, I have just got back from a BIG ride in the mountains with the local "Star" riders group where I saw mate go down and rip a knee cap off because he was pushing beyond his ability andhe had a tyre worn to the canvas and he was only wearing normal jeans. I NEVER want to be the first on the scene of a bad accident again...... For fark sake guys, TYRES, SAFETY GEAR and RESPECT THE RISKS please.

Cheers

Aussie Warrior Lover

1 - 12 of 12 Posts