RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mother inlaw decided as an early xmas present she would pay to get my bike repainted for me.

i decided to take it to a local firm who previously painted my bike for me as i wanted to keep monies in our local economy.

i took the parts that id had bead blasted to them at the end of OCTOBER,and as of this moment they still havent completed them.

for the last 5 fridays they kept telling me come this friday and i promise it will be finnished. the company went bust before xmas and reopened under a new name.

2 weeks ago they handed the bits back to me finnished!! thin paint,runs on the front of tank and hardly any laquer on them.

i went ballistic so the said they would re-do them. i went back this friday to find after loads of apologise and swearing to get them done that all they had done was rubbed them down and left them.

in a fit of rage i threw the parts causing a bit of damage to the rear mudguard.just out of pure frustration.

i wouldnt mind if they hadnt been paid but my mother inlaw bless her paid them in full.

i should have been to a rally this weekend but no bike/no rally.

these people gave me every excuse in the book as to why they hadnt done them.

i understand companies are under immense pressure and hardships to secure orders to survive, but this just stinks.

for probably the 20th time they have swore my parts will be ready for me this wednesday after i was convinced by my wife to let them finnish them.

rant over

bone

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she is without doubt the best mother inlaw a fella could wish for.

shes helped us out through all the crap and heart ache and is always there what ever the problem is

the silly old bugga even did a parachute jump with me last year to raise funds for my ill son

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Do you know what bone? ... this always seems to be the case!

I don't want to sound like one of the grumpy old men (even if I am one!) - but his kind of thing happens all the time.

I have had 2 bad experiences with paint - both blokes totally unreliable!

My mate is fitting GSXR1000 USD forks to his GSX1400.

He had a company make him extensions for the fork tops..... they said a week..... 5 weeks later they got done.

You are paying good money to be p*ssed around by these people.

You always seem to end up getting sh*tty with them - and then it gets done.

It's a real shame that Mum-in Law had already paid, but they sound like it wouldn't have made a huge difference - they would probably have still messed you around.

On a slightly different theme.......

I emailed an engineering company in the UK a few weeks ago - they never even bothered to reply!

I also emailed Orient Express - Nothing ...... Patrick Racing - Nothing!

These companys out there honestly need a kick up the ar*e. Service ? - HA!

I don't know how they survive.

I used to think I was paranoid! - - Now I KNOW they are all against me! - LOL!

Ooo I feel better now nurse........NURSE .....NUURRRSE...

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Bone,

You're not alone mate. I'm still waiting for new discs to arrive for my bike that I paid for in fullr back in November.

People don't seem to give a **** about their customers, they just fob you off with every excuse in the book.

It's no wonder so many "go to the wall", unfortunately it's the likes of you and I that suffer as a result.

What happened to good old British Pride?

Nick

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
StangWarrior said:
I feel your frustration, nice mother-in-law though.

#1 - hey bone..fingers crossed, they can get it right for you this time...sorry to here about the tins - assume they are mending them and getting you sorted?i'm [unhappily] not so forgiving...my heart goes 'ice cold' as i smile and leave these sort of people..taking the piss is a form of bullying... they can so they do [and then lie about it]...keep the news coming.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
after my wife spoke to them, the manager told her to come back monday and he would reimburse all the monies paid and as a good will gesture would complete the tins to the proper standard.

guess what!! the wife went down to collect the money and no one there knew what she was on about and the gaffer wasnt there.ill be going down there with a shovel tomora and bury the f*****s ive had enough.if you dont hear from me for a while, its because ill be in jail.bone

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
yabhoa said:
ill be going down there with a shovel tomora and bury the f*****s ive had enough.

hey bone..never in the heat of the moment man..the bigger you hate them, the biggeryour smile..don't get mad.. get even..on your terms..you have a family

[anyway just in case... how do you prefer ya file?.. in a cake or a pie maybe..] cheers tom

·
Registered
34 Posts
Don't go down there with a shovel, go down there with your receipt and don't leave until you have your parts painted. If they don't want to co-operate, just inform each and every patron of the shop about what "Fantastic" gentlemen they are. After a couple customer's leave, they will start working on your parts.

The receipt is for when the police show up to show that you are a paying customer that hasn't received your product.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Do ya'll have a better business bureau? Might give them a call. We have a news guy here we can call and he will show up with cameras and go bat for u. It is freaking hilarious!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Bone,

they are unreal, u might be aswell to to get your tins and money back and go elsewhere, or use my tins till i have got over this operation, well you have ridden my bike more than me!! lol Round 2 for me with CMC today bone

Adam

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the offer adam lol.

wifes gonna pop down again today to stop me from going down.

i got let down with my exhaust but have managed to source another from the usa after trying several companies.

never simple is it

·
Registered
332 Posts
No mate its not, but on a brighter note and after lots of obseneties
CMC have phoned today to say they have ordered a new fuel cap assembly **BONUS** and yes they are going to do the gearbox recall sooooon

Hope your Mrs has some good news for you too from those

Adam

1 - 14 of 14 Posts