RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had some snow and ice fall these past few weeks up here in Iowa. My wife's been pretty bummed about not being able to rideandher schedule is pretty open these next two weeks. We haven't seen much of AZ or NM and I'd imagine the weather is much better down there than up here,so we're thinking of hauling the bikes down and doing a little riding. We probably won't leave until the 26th or so and would like to be back around Jan 4. Our kids would be coming with us, 12 and 11 y/o, we'll probably have them do a 1/2 day with us and spend the other half at a hotel.

Anyways, I wanted to see if any of you locals had suggestions on places to go or stay and what to see.

·
Registered
753 Posts
id say probably go more south,its drier down there. we got some snow and rain over the passed couple of days. both in albuquerque and santa fe. still a little cold.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the snow more of a fluke, or is that normal this time of the year? >50°F would be great.

I pulled up motorcycleroads.us and found the SR 89 south of Flagstaff and the Los Alamos area of NM looked appealing. Are those areas rideable this time of year?

·
Registered
753 Posts
usally santa fe and up north get snow a lot more than south of santa fe,if you want above 50 then go more south, south of flagstaff also. flagstaff usually gets some good snow also

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Come to think of it, last time I was in Flagstaff, I recall it was cold. Further south it is.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts