RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a stock 2007 Front Seat for sale. Just bought the bike new (leftover year model) and replaced the seat with a Mustang. If you need to freshen up your stock seat with a new one, or your planning on selling your Warrior and want to return the seat to stock to sell your aftermarket unit - this is the seat for you.

$50 plus shipping ($25) and it's yours. Will ship to continental US only.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
That's a shame - because I could have done with that seat! (Ireland)..........

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
jarv said:
That's a shame - because I could have done with that seat! (Ireland)..........

Jarv....there are a lot of nice people on this site who might be willing to ship the seat for you, but you would have to figure out the cost of the shipping. I would assume you could send someone on this site you trust, a Paypal payment and they would get the seat for you and ship it to Ireland.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys - but I shipped some wheels/tires just to Canada once, I was back to FEDEX several times filling out forms and the cost resulted in a significant loss on the sale. For a $50 seat, this is simply more challenge than I'm willing to take on. Perhaps if my teenagers weren't presenting me with a new problem to deal with almost every day, I might conclude that I need some new obstacle to overcome. You'd have to get in line behind my daughter that wants to set a world record for buying Abercrombie gear and my son who flunked out of college and can't find a job.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Hey Ken, your son needs the Navy or the Air Force. Less chance of going into a combat zone and an opportunity for a career or at least a skill for when he gets out. Plus it will make him grow up quickly and be responsible. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Pep said:
Hey Ken, your son needs the Navy or the Air Force. Less chance of going into a combat zone and an opportunity for a career or at least a skill for when he gets out. Plus it will make him grow up quickly and be responsible. Ask me how I know.

... I am in the Corps and I am trying to get my son to join the Navy or Air Force so he doesn't have to go through the same things that I have gone through and still get the responsibility.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Jarv....there are a lot of nice people on this site who might be willing to ship the seat for you, but you would have to figure out the cost of the shipping. I would assume you could send someone on this site you trust, a Paypal payment and they would get the seat for you and ship it to Ireland.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's true, RxW....the PayPal aspect is not a problem....but I suppose I had better not ask, and run the risk putting anyone in a difficult position with regard to shipping it over.

There will be others....

No worries Ken I understand.

Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is a split seat that can be used just as a solo for the rider. The difference between the 02-03 and 04-after for the front seat is the width of the bracket at the rear of the seat. Now the rear seat bracket is another story. I had to trim 1/4" off of each side of the Mustang seat flange, which was designed for an 02-03, to fit in the 07.

Clearly the 07 seat flange would fit into the 02-03 bracket (being 1/4" narrower on each side). I don't know whether the seat would have any side-to-side play as is, or whether the rest of the seat fits tightly enough to hold it firmly in place. Of course, the 07 flange is just plastic and could be built out (widened) pretty easily by adding a 1/4" plastic shim on each side - if one felt it was necessary.

Perhaps someone else on the forum has direct experience with using a stock 04-after front seat on an 02-03 and could comment.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's the thing, I was in the USAF and now work for the Department of Veterans Affairs, and it is my impression that he has concluded that he doesn't want to be like me. I pushed the Service hard, but he's going to have to find his way since he thinks my way has to be wrong.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I have a 07 front seat on my 02. Purchase the mounting bracket from the dealer.Only 2 bolts to change,takes only minutes to switch brackets and ride solo.This is the best way to go,bolts right up likr stock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts