RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have a stock set of cams? looking for a set to be sent out as cores. part # 5px-w1211-00-00.
paypal is ready.

·
Administrator
5,931 Posts
I'll check and see if i still have a set. Patrick Racing still selling cams and lifters for the warrior? I know for a while he was having trouble getting the lifters because the guy that made them was getting out or going out of business.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,836 Posts
Sending out as cores likely means you're going to hotter cams, and +1 with Gilly in that PR might not be able to supply the lifters yet.

Just in case, if you're staying with stock cams here's stock lifter match: Melling #JB-2011 Hydraulic Lifters (autozone)

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
has anyone ever checked with any of the other cam companies to see if they will custom grind for a warrior? seems dumb there are so few choices and thats all there ever was,

·
Administrator
5,931 Posts
has anyone ever checked with any of the other cam companies to see if they will custom grind for a warrior? seems dumb there are so few choices and thats all there ever was,
After Speed Star cams sold out Patrick Racing was all there was. Plenty of members contacted cam companies to try and get one of them to make cams for us but it just didn't work out.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
After Speed Star cams sold out Patrick Racing was all there was. Plenty of members contacted cam companies to try and get one of them to make cams for us but it just didn't work out.
well thats to bad. $1400 for cams is rough

·
Administrator
5,931 Posts
Yeah, that's a lot of cash for cams and lifters. I think i paid around $1185 when i got my PR cams and ceramic lifters. I put cams in my Harley Road Glide and it was a lot cheaper. I think i paid around $250 for the cams and $200 for the lifters.

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
The problem is "they" never has cam blanks for the Warrior. So to hotter cams for the Warrior are the stock sticks and they are hard welded and then the lobes are cut down for the new desired lift & duration.

·
Administrator
5,931 Posts
Speed Star cams were provided to a cam builder to measure off of to make some cams for us. I think he produced test cams and they failed in a members bike a couple of times. You can search and maybe all that info is still there.

Reactions: arizonawarrior

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
Man I just re-read a ton of post from back in the days and I am surprised that the Warrior never received "several" choices in cams and it wasn't from the lack of effort.

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
Could they have been combined....

·
Administrator
5,931 Posts
Good to see you are still around Ken. And glad to here your bike is still hanging in there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts