RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that ther is a way of adjusting the stock ecu for different mapping. I'm considering buying the big shots but don't feel the pcIII is all that necessary due to fact that the big shots are long curved and baffled so it should keep at least some back pressure. if there is a way of adjusting the ecu can someone please HELP!!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yes the ECU can be adjusted. There are many threads on the subject do a search or try this
http://warrior.roadrider.org/ address. Adjusting the ECM works, but I'm hoping Santa Claus brings a pcIII to me.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Its easier than I thought. I did mine today. Make sure you connect and unconnect the battery at the right time. Some of the member "ECU mod" directions aren't specific about this.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Connect and disconnect the battery? I did mine powered up with no ill effects. Even put a connector inline to do it on the fly if need be.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When is it the right time to disconnect the battery. Also I'm new at this why is it that when i read other guys specs of when they adjusted their ecu there are two numbers and they are different. Example:+6 and+9.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
You disconnect the battery when you do this the first time because you are entering a new territory. Connect it when you start to adjust with the two buttons. Next time you know wha to do.
Before any change in those numbers, write what you have. Maybe they are equal like -1 and -1 or -1 and -2. Some guys adjust both number to be equal. Others stay with their difference. ex Co1= -1 and Co2= -2 I will start with +4 on both = Co1=3 and Co2=2. Start doing the connections and you will see. When you finished turn key off and put all cables back.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Every ECU mod I've read says unhook the battery. One even warns that if you don't, you'll burn up the ECU. So, thats not correct? Would make it easier.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
take it for what it's worth. i'm not the only one who doesn't disconnect the battery every time i adjust the ecu. i don't offer any warranties or guarantees though!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Man I hate to sound stupid, But if ya dont ask you'll never know!
So what is the ECU and what does it do?
Where is it located at on the bike?
Thanks JT

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
JT,

The ECU is the brain of your bike. It is a small black box under the seat on top of the battery. It controlls all the electronics of your bike. It is actually a small computer that contains software to do just that. Some parameter can be adjusted, one of which is how much fuel to deliver through the fuel injectors. Search for ECU and you will find several threads about the ECU and how it works.

Have fun!

Oliver

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I've adjusted mine a few times (battery connected) I would recomend checking the stock settings, recording them and bump them up equal points. If co1=1 and co2=-1, bump them up to 3 and 1. Then check your plugs after at least a half hour of riding. You can get the left hand side out without taking anything apart and get them both a nice brown. There are a lot of threads on this.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok i copied the info from a differant site on how to adjust it and it said locate wire #27 & 29.... But it never did say anything else about #29.
But does it adjust both cyls at the same time when you set it?
or do I have to adjust them seperate??
Whitch cly is #1 the front cyl?
Dam I have got to get a manual and learn all of this new stuff
Im to use to setting carbs not computers! Thanks for any and all help here guys...JT

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JT

Ok i copied the info from a differant site on how to adjust it and it said locate wire #27 & 29.... But it never did say anything else about #29.
But does it adjust both cyls at the same time when you set it?
or do I have to adjust them seperate??
Whitch cly is #1 the front cyl?
Dam I have got to get a manual and learn all of this new stuff
Im to use to setting carbs not computers! Thanks for any and all help here guys...JT

Hi: (1)You ground #27 but the truth is you are grounding #29.If you pull the #27 from the mass of cables (not the ecu)it ends on #29. Is a loop. (2)When you do all the instruction you will see a CO1 and CO2.You have to adjust the cil. separate. Go to the start of this topic and read again to clarify more. Good Luck!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts