RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey! I need an advice. I bought a warrior with a stock exhaust. But he has all the partitions cut out in the thick part. I want to buy Big Shots. Because they look great. How much louder will it be? I would not want a louder sound.
And I also faced the problem of finding new Big Shots. Can you tell me where I can order them? Or something similar. I would like a distinctive gurgling sound.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
The V&H Bigshots will be louder but loud is kinda subjective. They also sell quiet baffles which will also help if they are too loud. I do suggest watching some YouTube video to see how loud some exhausts are.

·
Registered
09 RSW. Ivan’s tune, Churchkey Vbak, AIS block off, Magnatec coils, Custom slip on, chopped rear.
433 Posts
In my experience,
I’ve done the stock exhaust mod by removing the large part of the insides and it was louder than stock but did not give me that throaty Vtwin sound.

From what I’ve heard from guys putting Big Shots on their Warrior and similar pipes, they are loud to waaay loud.

If you are looking for a bit of rumble but not the kind of rumble that kills the lawn, makes children cry or old ladies taking out their hearing aides…
You will need something that has a significant baffle and/or packing.
For that, hopefully someone will chime in and give a suggestion.

Reactions: ArtTs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The V&H Bigshots will be louder but loud is kinda subjective. They also sell quiet baffles which will also help if they are too loud. I do suggest watching some YouTube video to see how loud some exhausts are.
I think I watched all the videos on YouTube on this topic :) But this does not give an understanding of how everything will really be. Since my stock exhaust is completely empty inside, it seems to me that the noise level will be about the same. I'm right?
The current noise level suits me.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
I think I watched all the videos on YouTube on this topic :) But this does not give an understanding of how everything will really be. Since my stock exhaust is completely empty inside, it seems to me that the noise level will be about the same. I'm right?
The current noise level suits me.
No because with aftermarket exhaust everything changes the sound & volume. The diameter of the header pipes are larger, they are longer, different materials make a difference, if it has a muffler like a slip on or if it has baffles. Then what kinda of baffles, long, short, quiet, are or normal. The quiet baffles are usually wrapped with fiberglass or fiber material for even more sound deadening.
And like I said "loud" is very subjective as I find my V&H Bigshots the perfect sound....not to loud but not quiet. I did find my Samson street sweepers to be loud but they weren't baffled and were short as well exiting right next to you while the V&H exits behind you.
Many many many variables.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,435 Posts
To pile on what Hefty has shared, environment also plays a factor. Are you riding through tunnels, parking structures, tight streets, open fields, freeways, mountain roads...

Also, what does your bike currently sound like? Upload a clip to youtube and share here. I personally don't have any experience with a hollowed out stock exhaust but have been around several others. I went from a full stock exhaust to a Gen II Speedstar. HUGE difference but it's not bad while idling. But when I roll onto the throttle, man does it bark!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To pile on what Hefty has shared, environment also plays a factor. Are you riding through tunnels, parking structures, tight streets, open fields, freeways, mountain roads...

Also, what does your bike currently sound like? Upload a clip to youtube and share here. I personally don't have any experience with a hollowed out stock exhaust but have been around several others. I went from a full stock exhaust to a Gen II Speedstar. HUGE difference but it's not bad while idling. But when I roll onto the throttle, man does it bark!
About the video. I would gladly do it. But it is winter where I live now. And the motorcycle is in the underground parking lot. I think the actual sound will be heavily distorted under these conditions. And about the terrain. I usually go in the city.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,435 Posts
Right on.

Well, as Hefty indicated, there are lots of different baffles and usually, you can modify the baffles yourself to make them louder (cut shorter or removed) or quieter (doubling the baffle or adding fiberglass wrap) to your liking. I'd say go for it as there is always someone willing to buy the pipes off you if you end up not liking them.

As for where to find them, that's the much harder question. You've gotta keep your eyes open as they come up for sale from time to time but I don't know of anywhere you can buy them new. If you are truly set on getting some at all costs, you may try to buy a bike that has them, swap pipes, and then sell it. Lot's of work, but depending on your resell game, you could come out ahead.

Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Measuring by phone's app at about 1m near and 45 degrees from exhaust axel(as our police reglament requaired) gived about 90dB at iddle. When you just touch the right grip it grows to 100. Test the same way with stock. The 3dB is twotime difference.

Had BS. Good exhaust. If two warriors iddles in backround, one with stock and another with BS, you wil never even think that the stock one iddles too)))

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,435 Posts
Measuring by phone's app at about 1m near and 45 degrees from exhaust axel(as our police reglament requaired) gived about 90dB at iddle. When you just touch the right grip it grows to 100. Test the same way with stock. The 3dB is twotime difference.

Had BS. Good exhaust. If two warriors iddles in backround, one with stock and another with BS, you wil never even think that the stock one iddles too)))
I'm always curious when sound regulations are talked about as I've never had to deal with them where I am. Given this description of the test, I will go home and do this for my ride and post up numbers.

Just thinking "out loud", 🤔 should there be a new thread with this info being posted? Lots of threads on what exhausts and handlebars look like, but what about SOUND like? [starts to focus on searching and thread reading...🔎]

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm always curious when sound regulations are talked about as I've never had to deal with them where I am. Given this description of the test, I will go home and do this for my ride and post up numbers.

Just thinking "out loud", 🤔 should there be a new thread with this info being posted? Lots of threads on what exhausts and handlebars look like, but what about SOUND like? [starts to focus on searching and thread reading...🔎]
If you are talking about the difference in tonal, about the difference in the spectrum of sound, which of course takes place and depends on the exhaust itself, then it is not easy to judge this "online". Even if compared in reality. After all, many factors influence. For example, the state of the exhaust, how tightly it holds, its thermal shield, the state of the cylinder output gaskets. Anything else can noise. That leaves the only more or less objective indicator of the total loudness of the entire system.

·
Registered
52 Posts
As far as I know Vance and Hines Big Shots are no longer made for the Warrior xv1700.

Most sites that still list them, even if the Google teaser says " In stock " actually are no longer in stock.

I just pulled the trigger on what are supposed to be Big Shots (last of their stock reduced by $220 customer service e person verified last of and stated they thought they would never sell. ) brand new from a supplier here in Oz. $880, $919 delivered price from Victoria to Western Australia.
When they arrive I'll post verification pics.

I feel like I'm on a never ending Easter egg hunt, looking for stuff for the Warrior.

Good luck mate and safe rides.

Rocksfly

·
Registered
09 RSW. Ivan’s tune, Churchkey Vbak, AIS block off, Magnatec coils, Custom slip on, chopped rear.
433 Posts
Oh I know about the “looking for a nail in a hay stack when it comes to accessories for our bikes.
I was looking for a Roadhouse brand slip on or a side burner exhaust but no luck so…
I made my own.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Oh I know about the “looking for a nail in a hay stack when it comes to accessories for our bikes.
I was looking for a Roadhouse brand slip on or a side burner exhaust but no luck so…
I made my own.
View attachment 254825
View attachment 254826
Good luck with your search my friend I had one of those on my bike when I bought it and I can say I absolutely loved the sound I was never a big fan of the look and I sold it to someone on here. They weren't very popular in the first place and the guy I bought the bike from didn't even know what it was called.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Good luck with your search my friend I had one of those on my bike when I bought it and I can say I absolutely loved the sound I was never a big fan of the look and I sold it to someone on here. They weren't very popular in the first place and the guy I bought the bike from didn't even know what it was called.
Which one?
The Side Burner or the Roadhouse.

I used to own a 2002 Warrior but sold it in 2005.
I put the Roadhouse slip on to it and I loved the sound. From 2k RPM and up it was loud as $hit.

I also heard the Side Burner on a fellow Warrior’s bike way back in the day and it to was loud but really looked mean and terrible, as in you would expect flames to come out of it.👍🏼

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The roadhouse. It was great just not my style

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
The V&H Bigshots will be louder but loud is kinda subjective. They also sell quiet baffles which will also help if they are too loud. I do suggest watching some YouTube video to see how loud some exhausts are
Recorded video :
Measured the noise level using the app. Maximum value 80 db, average 71.3. Now I am considering buying a Holeshot by Dale Wolker, but I can not find a video to listen to how it works. Maybe someone will share the video?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts