RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
3,085 Posts
I’m sitting in my 03 stock exhaust, you looking for the whole thing? Or parts? I’m in So Cal.
Mainly the can but now there’s a guy in Australia looking for a header so I’m wondering if I can do some good will.
I’ve got a lead on one but if you’re looking to part with yours, I’m not going to say no. 😎 I’ll be passing through your area Sunday on my way to Big Sur and again on Wednesday on my way home. I’ll have the family with me so it might to tough but might stone able to work something out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mainly the can but now there’s a guy in Australia looking for a header so I’m wondering if I can do some good will.
I’ve got a lead on one but if you’re looking to part with yours, I’m not going to say no. 😎 I’ll be passing through your area Sunday on my way to Big Sur and again on Wednesday on my way home. I’ll have the family with me so it might to tough but might stone able to work something out.
Let me know, it’s been sitting around collecting dust…. If it helps someone out great!

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Roadliner S Midnight
1,101 Posts
Speaking of exhaust. I was riding down to my local Yamaha shop to get a new rear tyre and a service ( that blew nearly 1200 out of the piggy bank ) on the way there I notice my bike changed note. When I got to Yamaha I checked to find that I'd blown the baffles completely out.
Now here is where the problem is, because it's a V&H setup the header is just over 2" wide. Yamaha have had no luck in finding me another muffler for it and I've had the same amount of luck. I have also been searching for a muffler as well with zero result so I'm left with two options,
1. Search eBay to find a muffler ( that didn't work )
2. Search for another complete V&H exhaust ( found a few, but are all in the US and are all secondhand. )
3. Search for a stock standard set of exhaust ( once again only found in the US and naturally secondhand ).
With the way the bike is sounding, it will be a cop magnet in its current form.

·
Registered
2004 VX1700 Warrior
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Speaking of exhaust. I was riding down to my local Yamaha shop to get a new rear tyre and a service ( that blew nearly 1200 out of the piggy bank ) on the way there I notice my bike changed note. When I got to Yamaha I checked to find that I'd blown the baffles completely out.
Now here is where the problem is, because it's a V&H setup the header is just over 2" wide. Yamaha have had no luck in finding me another muffler for it and I've had the same amount of luck. I have also been searching for a muffler as well with zero result so I'm left with two options,
2. Search for another complete V&H exhaust ( found a few, but are all in the US and are all secondhand. )
3. Search for a stock standard set of exhaust ( once again only found in the US and naturally secondhand ).
Might have a complete V&H big shot system for sale shortly

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha Road Star Warrior XV17PC
102 Posts
Discover Ebay. One of the best sources on earth for keeping older and vintage bikes running.

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Roadliner S Midnight
1,101 Posts
Update; I've come across an exhaust system down the Gold Coast. It's a cobra something and the guy only wants $500AUD for it.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha Road Star Warrior XV17PC
102 Posts
Cobra 2-in-1 Pro Pipe. Excellent deal if it's in good shape. The motor likes a 2-in-1 for torque. Might be different baffles for it you'd want to ask about. Good find. 👍

1 - 20 of 23 Posts