RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if any one tried to switch pegs left to right to get them a little more forward

looks like it would work

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hmm, if you can get the left and right brackets swapped it may work? As far as pegs go I think you would need to go with aftermarket since like Arizona said the stockers would be rotated all catywampus. The pegs I bought from Kuryakyn allowed you to set your own angle. Something like that would work in your case since the angle of the mount on the reveresed control mounts would not affect which angle you eventually set your pegs at. Only other thing to consider would be the mounting of the brake lever and shift lever, which you would think would have the same holeset, but you might want to measure before you start unbolting stuff. Let us know if it works

·
Registered
692 Posts
Or, without aftermarket pegs I think you might be able to swap the pegs as well to get the right angle. I'm looking at the picture in Arizona's post and trying to move parts in my head and I think it may work?

·
Administrator
29,671 Posts
The slanted face of the bracket would be slanting forward so the pegs would move a peg-distance forward, but Item 43 would have to be retroffitted since the mount holes don't exist on the other bracket. Also one look at the clearance on your stockfoot brake lever you'll see it needs the slant in front to clear, so that would have to be modified. Yes Kuryakyn pegs would be a solution since they rotate to any angle. Its probably too much money for the small inch advantage. California bikes could have additional mod requirements. Also, I don't know if the brackets sit square on the frame, and its anassumption the bolt patters match.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Timoken tried doing this about 4 years ago. As I recall it couldn't be done for some reason but I do not recall just why. You may be able to find what he had to say with a search. Then again, it may have just been something he tossed into a forward control discussion. What the ****, it wouldn't take long to pull them off and try.

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
OldMan said:
Timoken tried doing this about 4 years ago. As I recall it couldn't be done for some reason but I do not recall just why. You may be able to find what he had to say with a search. Then again, it may have just been something he tossed into a forward control discussion. What the ****, it wouldn't take long to pull them off and try.
Here you go
rider footpeg relocation by flipping?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts