RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the stock handlebars with a set that are more "up and in" to give a little more comfortable ride position and less parachute effect?

Thanks.

·
Registered
579 Posts
up and in? do you want to go back or foward. Lots of people use the double t bars. they brig you back a tad to a more sitting up position. look in the gallery, i have the double t or see if there is anything else you like, do a search there are mesurements out there about how much they move you.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Try Barons risers, 2" up & 1&3/4 back or vise versa, cut 1" off each end of the stock bars. Stock cables will work if you route them behind the trees. Stock brake lines MAY work if you route them behind the trees. I used Goodridge clear covered SS brake lines.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
if you want to go back any further than 1 3/4 youll have to get longer brake lines which is no big deal. flanders bars is probebly your best bet. look in the harley section of their web site.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Take a look at the billet risers from Yamaha. They will bring the bars up and back toward you for a more comfortable riding position. I'm using them with the Yamaha flat bar. I like them much better than stock setup.

Download Attachment: Indigo Flame Banner.JPG
6.61KB

·
Registered
102 Posts
I also got the billet risers form Yamaha and the flat bar, which in my opinoin is more comfortable, looks alot better than the stock bars and you don't have to change the stock lines.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Here's an excellent source for Handle Bars :

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/AmericanMotorcycles/Handlebars/AmericanHandlebars.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts