RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, does anyone know if K&N is making filters to replace the stock ones? That is, leaving the stock configuration in place and simply changing out the filters for the better breathing K&N filters. In my experience with cars, this is quite a simple mod and provides noticeable results. Certainly less time than the BAK.

·
Registered
104 Posts
No there are no direct replacements. You can use the RC 1290 filters as the ones that are in the BAK.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can we use the RC 1290 filters to directly replace the stock ones. I don't want to do the BAK but better quality filters would be nice. Also, if you change the filters do you have to change any computer settings. At this time, my bike is completely stock.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hi FIRE350,

Welcome to the rswarrior forum. I have learned a ton of info from it, and the knowledgable people are very willing to help.

At present there are no K&N's to replace the stock filters. There is a great topic right now on the Tech Forum which modifies the outside air filter and may do the inside one also. Alot of us did not want to do the BAK mod and the one on the Tech Forum is my favorite alternative so far. Do a search on 'air filters' and you can get more info.

Good Luck,

DNACK

PS

If you change the air intake and/or the exhaust, you bike will run much better if you buy a PC111 which will 'tune' your fuel injection to the new air volume.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts