RS Warrior Forum banner

Stock pulley?

713 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Turd_fergusson 
#1 ·
I haven’t counted the teeth and yes I will be replacing the screw in the AM.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle brake

See less See more
#5 ·
From the picture, the belt completely clears the white safety pins (one of which is missing but irrelevant). The bolt-on flange could be a polished aluminum one, like a B&B or from a regional pulley and gear maker. Or it could be stainless. I don't place the pulley lightening hole pattern but it could be an old softail pulley. Candidly dunno.

The broken screw might have been caused by an out of alignment or out of tension belt. It almost looks like there are contact marks on the ends if the belt teeth, down on the bottom of the pulley. This could confirm alignment trouble.

I think it's a stock number of teeth and I cannot answer why someone made the fix in that way.

But there is no straight-on side view and the outer belt could be as high as the bolt-on flange. So I could be wrong!

#7 ·
@Turd_fergusson ... That's a Baron 31T Road* steel pulley (fits 1-1/2" wide belt) and should be magnetic. The missing fastener is M5x12 DIN 12.9 flat head screw and use some thread lock when replaced ;)
  • The telltale are the 6-M5 screws and lightning holes (ADDED) and 6-tapped holes

#10 ·
FYI only, the Warrior Speed Sensor Indicates off the Transmission output shaft teeth and as a result any and all changes made down stream to the Front/Rear pulleys and the rear tire size will not indicate on the Speedo.
You'll need to use a GPS :geek: ;)

The empty hole is the trani ouput shaft to the secondary drive that connects to the middleshaft.

#9 ·
@Turd_fergusson ... I know, FOR SURE, that the Yamaha version uses a M5x12 DIN 12.9 flat head screw so you'll want to check that the Baron is metric :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.