RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock upper tree was just powder coated. And the shop that did the work, removed the riser bushings from the tree. I haven’t asked them if they kept them... Now I want to install the tree back on the bike, but I need an idea on what to do with these 2 huge holes in there.

I checked Partzilla and RS forum and realized that stock bushings were pressed in and shops don’t sell them.

Wonder if there are a particular brand/model bushings I should look for that would fit the stock tree holes? Or shall I look for a new tree?

·
Premium Member
5,624 Posts
I think Christo changed out some stock ones for harley bushings a long time ago. Might see if he chimes in.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My understanding was that the stock bushings aren’t reusable. Considering that they were pressed in and were not meant to be taken in-and-out. Moreover, none of the shops sell them as replaceable parts. I can be wrong though.. to me it sounds more like reusing the same condom after washing it.

I just want to make sure that there won’t be any safety issues after reusing old parts. Going to check with the shop that removed them tomorrow. Hopefully they still have them.

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
The Warrior riser bushings weren't removed for the CI (Cycle Image) chromed triple trees. I've helped and attended an install of their trees in the early days.

As you know, Powder Coated top trees require removal of the riser bushings because of the Paint Bake Oven temperature used to cure the powder paint.
  • The factory riser bushings can be reused when properly removed. This is documented on this forum if you use the Search Engine.
    • IMO they should be pressed out and reinstalled from the top side to prevent damage to the beauty face of the top tree.
ADDED: If need be I would suggest you check Alloy Art Gooden Tight Urethane Riser Bushings that will probably require some minor modifications.
gl

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you!!
I also found on the forum that I can check either:
- Alloy Art Gooden Tight Urethane Riser Bushings as Alanh shared. I think the proper model is - GT-1YS
or
- Drag Specialties handlebar bushings.

I asked the shop on Monday. Still waiting for their confirmation if the old ones can be re-used.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts