RS Warrior Forum banner

Stock seat difference

669 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ram396 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the difference between the 02-03 vs 04-06 seats are?
Some people say the 02-03 seat will work on the 04-06 others say no go!! I'll have to drill new holes for the rear hook anyways as my fender has been shortened about 6 in. and the stock holes filled so if that is the only difference It won't matter much. Just trying to decide on what 2-up seat to buy so I can switch back and forth to the solo.
Thanks

#5 ·
trust me, you'd not want on '02 seat. Your rear would be sore in 20 minutes of riding, plus, on acceleration, you slip right off the back if not holding on tight. The seat was one of the first things I changed on my '02. now have a Mustang Vintage, wich will work solo or 2 up.

#7 ·
i think the answer you are looking for is that the seats do have different brackets. as far as i can tell the 02 and 03 have the one hook on the rear fender and the 04 - 06 has a bracket that mounts closer to the solo part of the seat and also has a hook like the 02 but on the 04- 06 the hook mounts further back on the fender. the passenger pad on the later models is longer and thicker. hope i didnt make this sound confusing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.