RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thing runs to lean for me. I can rub my finger in the exhaust and there is NO black carbon at all. The bike is burning all the fuel, that's for sure and my plugs look fine. I've got to hurry and get my PCIII. I would rather run a lil rich than as lean as I am right now.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
From the factory they run pretty lean. But that is an easy fix. Do a search and you will find how to do an ECU bump and richen it up some. That will help. There is even a thred about ECU bump busted, but if you start reading that thread, read it all. Most members think that it is a little misleading about the iddle only issue.

·
Registered
232 Posts
jabo said:
... about ECU bump busted, but if you start reading that thread, read it all. Most members think that it is a little misleading about the iddle only issue.
That is correct: Read it thouroughly and bild up your own perception upon this.

Bare in mind that most of them is first hand information (literally a copy past from the emails) from Yamaha Headquarter, an official Yamaha dealership and nota bene from other members as well. If you notice those member are mostly working with either fixed installed O2 sensors or work with a tail pipe sniffer (including me) and do not see evidence. Whereas other just make bold claims.

If you follow up some links there, you will noticed some are pretty old too... so this is not a new "discovery" and people still bring up this bump.

However, it's your bike, it’s your call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts