RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i got my 31 tooth pulley yesterday and so i went by the shop today to see if they could put it on while they were putting it back together if it wasnt already re-assembled. i had dropped it off last week on thurs am.

well, i walked in and it was on the lift, he was just starting on it..[:0] ticks me off cause i busted my a$$ to get it put back together and in there last week, and its not been touched. tank was on the bench, seat was on the other bench, pipes were on the floor, V-bak was on the bench.... thats about it. i had told them i had air suspension and to make sure it stayed UP so nothing got damaged. it was on the lift, and it was slammed..[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] hopefully it wasnt driven around like that. i talked to the mech, and asked him how many he had done already... i said "it must get old after a while " he said its his first 1700..[:0] i was supposedly 5th on the list.. so not sure how i got in first which isnt all bad, but sure dont like the thought of him "learning" on MY bike. he said he has done a few road stars before which helps...

anyway, i told him i need it tomorrow night so i can take it to the dyno shop for an appt thurs morning, he thought he should be able to do that. i told him if he gets it done in time and he makes sure that everything comes back the way it went in i'd have a tip for him.

overall, i left there with some mixed feelings. nothing horrible, but so/so. only time will tell for sure. the tech did say he really like it, and thought the air suspension was cool. i bit my tounge and wasnt a dick, hoping to come off as the cool guy with the cool bike... with the hope he WANTS to do a good job for me.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know....

you remember forrest gump, where he "was running.." (GUMP VOICE) ran from coast to coast and back.... thats gonna be me when i get this thing back

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Audio,
If it makes you feel any better I am dropping my Warrior off Saturday and I will tell you one thing. I do all my own wrenching and this has got to be one of the hardest things I have had to do. Trusting someone else to do the wrenching on my Warrior is not an easy task, but like you I will talk with mechanic and offer up a decent tip, be it in liquid form or cash.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good luck Ed- they were closed yesterday, but i drove by to make sure my baby wasnt sitting outside. and it wasnt. overall i think i'm in good hands, but its my child that i've Put ALOT of time into, and turning it over to "who knows who" is hard to do.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
quote:Originally posted by audio77

Good luck Ed- they were closed yesterday, but i drove by to make sure my baby wasnt sitting outside. and it wasnt. overall i think i'm in good hands, but its my child that i've Put ALOT of time into, and turning it over to "who knows who" is hard to do.

In a weird way, that' what will make the 'reunion' that much better. One of the best feeling I had while in the Navy was coming back from a deployment and reuniting with loved ones. Unfortunately, you have to give up 6 months (or longer) of your life to know what that feels like.

When did they say it would be done?

·
Registered
739 Posts
same thing happened to me, shop said if i dropped it off last week, friday, they would get started on it first thing tuesday morning. just got off the phone with them and asked, "how are things going? when will you have it done?" and here is the reply i got "hard to say, the shop's really backed up right now, may not get to it till next week."

wwwwwwwhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt!!!!!!!

this is the point where i lost it. i told them that i took time off work to make sure and have it to them last week so they could start on it first thing this week. and now they don't know if they can get to it. i demanded to talk to the service manager, who was conveniently unavailable. he's supposed to be calling me back. if i don't hear from him real soon, i am going to be one pissed off cowboy.

and then to add to the fire, i was supposed to be 1st on the list, come to find out they have already done 3 other bikes. not making me happy so far.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
originally they said weds (tomorrow) and when i asked the mechanic today he said maybe, probably, hopefully weds. thats when i told him that i had an appt with the dyno shop thurs morning and if he could get it done and get it back to me the way it went in i'd take care of him. but i know what you mean Jimbo- the whole "abscence makes the heart grow fonder" thing. i'll tell you one thing for sure.. when i get it back, the truck will get its turn to be parked for a few months. whats a good tip? $20 $40?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I dropped mine off at the NMB Store Saturday and the tech has it back together after having it a couple of days. He told me everything looked OK with no wear or damage to anything inside. I was sure glad to hear it. I hope to have mine on the road this weekend. Good luck Audio.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
quote:Originally posted by audio77

...whats a good tip? $20 $40?

I'd say $40 and a case of the mech's fav brewski may be about right.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey audio,

Hang in there. You told the mech you had made an appt and I'm sure he'll do his best. This thing is beyond your control so don't sweat it. I had brought the guys at the shop about three dozen donuts and coffee before they started working on my ride. Got my bike back, wasn't washed but I thanked him anyway. Rode it, washed it and when it was all done, was well worth it.

It'll be better than before, you'll see. I agree with jimbo about the tip. I gave him $50 (Canadian) + a few dozen donuts to make him fatter.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quote:Originally posted by GearMonster

+ a few dozen donuts to make him fatter.

lol-

"here ya go chubbs- you look like you like donuts"

·
Registered
129 Posts
****, among other purchases, I bought OE's Cam Kit, my wrench had to "grind" for almost two hours today so OE's cams would fit!!! My free labor tree is thinning fast!!!! I got a bad feeling about this **** recall and everything it entails!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Good luck audio, mine is supposed to go sometime next month, and it better be just as clean when it comes back as when I took it![/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!] Im usually pretty layed back, but like you said you put a lot of time and money into this thing and you have to protect your investment.[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]#$%&in Bas#$%@*!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Hey Audio my Warrior was my mech's first one. He thought it would take 2 days (like a roadstar would) and ended up taking a week. He said there's A LOT more wiring to deal with and a steep learning curve.
Here's the post of my experience:
http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14208

I've had it back a week now. I'm not kidding or imagining something that isn't there. The bike is more responsive, starts better (don't have to give it a little gas), now that the rings are seated - pulls stronger and harder, AND I believe I'm getting notably better mileage (I'll probably post on this if I confirm it - need to ride more).

Anyway, I wouldn't count on getting it back Thursday. And if you do, I wouldn't dyno it until the rings seat. My 2 cents...

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i hope not RAT, but we'll see. i dont want him to rush but i want it back yesterday ya know? as far as the dyno goes, i'll let him break it in on the dyno. wont take much running to get the rings seated. the mech did say that mine is going to be easir since i have all the AIS crap off, and he doesnt have to mess with the stock airbox. that saves probably an hours time right there. we'll find out tomorrow. [8D]

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Mine goes in tomorrow. My mechanis finally got his first one back together today. Funny thing is "I" got a call from them and they asked me where one of the hoses go. Imagine that one. I know I'll be in there putting stuff back together. One thing that aggrevated me was I had to put the stock can back on yesturday. I spent probabily 18 hours to get it together just to be pulled back apart.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah, i hear ya Ron. i got the call weds am "can you bring it in NOW?" i said i'll bring it in in the morning and spent ALL DAY busting my a$$ getting it put back together for them to sit on it from thurs till tues (6 days) before they started. life will be so much more relaxing shortly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts