RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its not truly a problem I guess but it is driving me crazy. When I start my bike rather it is warm or cold it idles @ 1100 rpm. It will doo this even if I blip the throttle. Once I let out on the clutch and put a load on the motor it wont do it again. I can pull the clutch back in and it is idleing normally. Around 900rpm. The idle will stay normal until the next time I start the bike. It use to do this when cold but now does it no matter what. I recently put on a V_BAK, & PC3. Anyone ever heard of this. Thanks

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Are you trying to say that idle won't come down from 1100rpm until you put it in gear when you warm up? If so, here's my 2C:

First off, did you do a throttle sync? If not, it will definitely help, IMO. I highly recommend it. See the maintenance section of the forum.

Second, are you getting any code on the display at all? Maybe it has to do with the engine temp. sensor malfunctioning or something? since it's not sensing that the engine has already warmed up? that IS a strange problem and yes it WILL drive me crazy too! hope you fix it.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't ever done a throttle sync. I had never even heard of it till now. I am not getting any codes. I can even just let the clutch out a little in gear till the engine starts to pull and then pull the clutch back in and engine idle returns to normal. From then on it is fine till the next time I start up. I guess I will try the TB sync if I ever get home again. This all started after putting on the PC3, V-BAK, and Coil relocate. I dont know if one of these has anything to do with it or if it is just a coincedence.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Are you starting your bike in gear?

I always start my bike in neutral. It always runs at about 1100 rpm for 10-20 seconds, and then drops down to normal idle speed, just like a car. I don't put the bike in gear until it drops to idle. I've always figured this is the bikes way of warming up and moving all the oil around before we get out and gobble up some miles. It does it cold or warm, and seems to be normal. If you aren't already, try starting it in neutral, and waiting for the the kickdown before you put her in gear.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,724 Posts
When you installed your power commanderit sounds like you didn't set the zero% throttle to zero throttle (warm idle). After that is done you can take next steps, such as loading a map etc. If you look at the Technical forum, very top first post is popular mods. In that post look under ECU for a link to a training video onthe Dynojet website.

baclay9 said:
Its not truly a problem I guess but it is driving me crazy. When I start my bike rather it is warm or cold it idles @ 1100 rpm. It will doo this even if I blip the throttle. Once I let out on the clutch and put a load on the motor it wont do it again. I can pull the clutch back in and it is idleing normally. Around 900rpm. The idle will stay normal until the next time I start the bike. It use to do this when cold but now does it no matter what. I recently put on a V_BAK, & PC3. Anyone ever heard of this. Thanks

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
My 08 does this. The bike will do this for about 15 seconds (idel at 1100 rpms) then it will drop back down to 975 rpms. This is normal and nothing to be worried about. It's just the bikes way of warming up for a few seconds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts