RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So, I take the bike to the shop yesterday. The mechanic (he seems very genuine and trustworthy) says that the noise is the result of the front cylinder not firing. One pipe is hot. The other pipe is sizzling. He also added that the starter might have some issues, but could be "easy fix." I am trying to save money. Has anyone else ran into this situation before? Can I fix this on my own?

2002 Warrior A. Bateman.jpg

Registered
If the starter motor is having issues time to get a new one ( I know this from personal experience ). As far as the cylinder situation far wiser heads will comment on that part.
Oh and just to let you know, one problem has no relation to the other. They are seperate issues.馃槑馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks, Stryder1956. So, the mechanic possibly knows his stuff.. I appreciate your feedback.

Registered
First so we can help..

List any and all MODS that have been done to the warrior....

Fuel management system?.?.

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
First so we can help..

List any and all MODS that have been done to the warrior....

Fuel management system?.?.

No mods. All original. The bike sat up for about 6 years. 6k miles.

Registered
For the front cylinder most likely theres a bad connection some where...

Check your coil wires , and make sure there connected and the connections are tight.

A trick is of possible pull tank off start the bike in a dark garage and look for any sparks where theres a bad connection

Pull on wires gently under seat and by coils and see what happens

Premium Member
So your bike is a 100% stock? If the front cylinder wasn't firing the front pipe would be cold and clean inside without any soot. Plus you would here the firing of just one cylinder. Start with the basics like check coil wires, ground and any wiring you might see.

Premium Member
Start out with 4 new plugs. If both plugs on the front cylinder are not firing it makes a difference.

Reactions: DREGATX

Registered
has it been verified that the front isnt firing? neither pipe is cold. "one hot one sizzling". both pipes are hot somethings going on in both cylinders. when my bike was running on one cylinder it was clear from the sound and the feel of the bike that it was a single cylinder firing. it went from "potato potato" to "thump....thump". if its verified that its not firing then you can start the many good diagnostic steps listed about

1 - 10 of 10 Posts