RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to ride the bike with all my new mods last night. After about 15 minutes of riding my fuel light came on - with only 33 miles on the trip meter. Now that's really strange. It usually comes on around the 90 mark or just below. I figured it might have been something funny going on with the fuel light but it needed a lot of gas when I pulled into a gas station. Now, I didn't remove the tank for the mods - basic bolt on stuff except for the spring and lowering kit, so nothing I did should have affected my gas mileage. I guess I'll have to do some more riding and see what happens. It's just strange that my trip meter would show only 33 miles and I needed gas. [?]

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
check your dry breaks, one must be undone, I would say the rear one is off. pull seat off and press down on the dry break until it clicks.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The plastic fuel connector (is that the dry break?) from the tank that snaps on in under the seat had a crack on top of it one time. It wasn't enough that gas was pouring out, but I could smell the gas when the bike was sitting there. I didn't realize it was that leaking until I saw that the top of it looked wet. I wiped it off and could slowly see fuel coming out of it.

Just another thought as to something you could check...

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Figstr

If they were disconnected, wouldn't I have gas all over my garage floor?

If they were completely diconnected the dry breaks won't spill fuel. They have a valve that shuts off the flow. The why they're called 'dry' break. They won't leak if discconected properly.

But, if the come loose or incorrectly hooked together, they can leak.

When pushed together, you should hear or feel a 'click'.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Figstr

If they were disconnected, wouldn't I have gas all over my garage floor?

No,thats why they are called dry breaks.You can actually run the bike with out the fuel tank on it.It sounds like the others have mentioned.Check to make sure they are connected.Push them together until you hear them click.It takes a pretty good push to click them together.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The dry break under the seat was fine so I have no idea what could have happend. I'll just have to do some more riding to see if it happens again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts