RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, samson forgot to pack the upper heatsheild for the rear pipe in the box. But they made it right, and sent me my missing parts. I went out to the garage tonight just to hold the upper heat sheild up to the bike, and I'm a little confused.

On the rear pipe do the two heat sheilds sit flush end to end? Or are they sopposed to overlap?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
They're flush.

You'd better mount the top heatshield, first. Then butt the bottom one up to it, and tighten it down, and then lock down your tip so that it's flush with the end of the lower heatshield.

I had to do that too, after I had that pipe rewelded.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replys guys. I thought I would be able to install the upper heat sheild with the pipe mounted on the bike but it looks like I'm going to have to remove it to geta correct fit. No big deal. It's not like I have a packed schedule or anything.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Scoper50 said:
It's not like I have a packed schedule or anything.

lol yeah, I read your other post so this might actually be a godsend.
One other suggestion I'd make.... since it's so easy to scrape the tips on some of the Shoguns I'd recommend making sure you've got that bottom one clamped down REAL well. I had mine tight but it still pulled out a tad after being scraped some making an unflattering joint which had to be retightened.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Marco Polo said:
Scoper50 said:
It's not like I have a packed schedule or anything.

lol yeah, I read your other post so this might actually be a godsend.
One other suggestion I'd make.... since it's so easy to scrape the tips on some of the Shoguns I'd recommend making sure you've got that bottom one clamped down REAL well. I had mine tight but it still pulled out a tad after being scraped some making an unflattering joint which had to be retightened.

That's why I modified my tips and the backing plate. I wanted to go deeper to the right than this exhaust would allow...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Justice said:
That's why I modified my tips and the backing plate. I wanted to go deeper to the right than this exhaust would allow...

I just assumed they were "self sizing tips".
As for the backing plate the newer ones seem to be shorter then previous models and already come blacked out but I've still found it to be "self sizing" as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts